Rush Enterprise Careers
Aftermarket Sales Rep CVS
Call on all makes OEM dealers with a primary focus on Peterbilt and Navistar. The representative will also call on commercial fleet customers, leasing companies and equipment manufacturers who may have the potential for equipment installation.
The representative will be required to have develop the skills to build specifications for equipment installation such as dump bodies, dry van bodies, platform stakes, and snow removal equipment.
Prospect for new accounts/referrals which include compiling and updating a list of prospective clients to provide leads for additional business.
Develop, implement, and maintain comprehensive assigned account growth strategies.
Manage Accounts in the CRM system.
Follow up on orders to ensure customers are served promptly.
Demonstrate use and features of various equipment and chassis modifications.
Coordinate equipment sales and installation with the appropriate personnel.
Ability to multi-task under pressure.
Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Maintain safe work environment.
Maintain professional appearance.
- Other duties beyond this representative listing may be assigned to the essential job duties and responsibilities of this position based on Company needs.
As a condition of continued employment, the employee is required to exhibit positive corporate citizenship, with demonstrated ability to positively interact with others, follow required Company policies and procedures which include but are not limited to policies regarding conduct, record keeping, and safety. As a condition of continued employment the employee is required to refrain from any behavior that is construed as sexual harassment, harassment and/or creating or participating in a hostile work environment, and/or violence in the workplace.
We offer exceptional compensation and benefits, 401K and stock purchase, incentives for performance, training, and opportunity for advancement - all in a culture that appreciates and rewards excellence, a positive attitude and integrity.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Bachelors degree is preferred.
- Three years’ sales experience, including new account development, prospecting, and cold calling; or equivalent combination of education and experience with proven successful sales history.
- Must possess a current and valid driver license with a driving record that meets the insurability guidelines set forth by the company’s insurance carrier.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Must be willing to travel 80% within assigned region.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram form. Ability to deal with people involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Have good understanding of business systems for looking up parts, quoting, and checking on orders. Must be computer literate and must be able to perform all data entry functions required in the department.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions at the request of the employee, and with appropriate medical certification.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to operate a motor vehicle; stand; walk; use hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable the individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Rush Enterprises (NASDAQ: RUSHA & RUSHB) operates the largest network of heavy and medium- duty truck dealerships in North America. Its current truck operations include a network of locations located throughout the United States. These dealerships provide an integrated, one-stop sales and service of new and used heavy- and medium-duty trucks and construction equipment, aftermarket parts, service and body shop capabilities, chrome acces