Associate Software Engineer
The Associate Software Engineer is an in-house developer collaborating with product owners, analysts, and developers to design, implement, document and deploy Rush Enterprises business process automations in accordance with Rush IT goals.
Rush Enterprises is a premier provider of quality products and services to commercial equipment users. We are customer-focused, people-oriented, and financially motivated to deliver excellent outcomes for customers, shareholders, vendors and our people.
We offer a rewarding career with a leader in the transportation industry. Grow with us as we continue to expand our network of locations and services. Rush Enterprises is always looking for good people to join our team.
- Participate in all phases of the software development life cycle with multiple business stakeholders to define, enhance, and implement enterprise software solutions.
- Research, troubleshoot, and remediate system incidents.
- Identify and remediate cases where multiple instances make up a problem.
- Communicate incident and problem remediation to customers and business partners.
- Participate in our agile development process; including daily standups, sprint planning, task breakdown and estimation, and end-of-sprint demos.
- Unit test components to ensure they meet acceptance criteria and are scalable.
- Leverage interpersonal and communication skills to collaborate effectively with stakeholders and teammates.
- Provide process and technology feedback to support continuous improvement.
- Provide timely status and feedback as required to management, team leaders and project stakeholders through clear and concise communication.
We offer exceptional compensation and benefits, 401K and stock purchase, incentives for performance, training, and opportunity for advancement - all in a culture that appreciates and rewards excellence, a positive attitude and integrity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering; 2 years’ (entry level) experience in software design and development. Additional, applicable experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Quickly grasp technologies and applications to improve internal software development processes and implement creative, scalable solutions.
Rush Enterprises (NASDAQ: RUSHA & RUSHB) operates the largest network of heavy and medium- duty truck dealerships in North America. Its current truck operations include a network of locations throughout the United States. These dealerships provide an integrated, one-stop sales and service of new and used heavy- and medium-duty trucks and construction equipment, aftermarket parts, service and body shop capabilities, chrome accessories, tires and a wide array of financial services including the financing of truck and equipment sales, insurance products and leasing and rentals.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled