Rush Enterprise Careers
Assistant Service Manager
Assistant Service Manager
The Assistant Service Manager is responsible for assisting the Service Manager with running an efficient and profitable service department through productive staffing customer retention cost controls achievement of objectives and maintenance of all service records. The Assistant Service Manager ensures that the daily inventory of technician’s time is consistently sold to service customers.
Rush Truck Centers is a premier provider of quality products and services to commercial equipment users. We are customer-focused people-oriented and financially motivated to deliver excellent outcomes for customers shareholders vendors and our people.
We offer a rewarding career with a leader in the transportation industry. Grow with us as we continue to expand our network of locations and services. Rush Enterprises is always looking for good people to join our team.
- Assist Service Manager with hiring motivating training and coaching of all service department staff.
- Monitor the performance of personnel using appropriate report tracking systems and surveys and reports areas in need of improvement to Service Manager.
- Assist with the implementation of marketing plans developed by Service Manager which promotes new and repeat business.
- Oversee Work-In-Process status and work with Foreman(s) to maintain acceptable results as outlined by corporate office standards.
- Attend monthly department meetings and support Service Manager’s ideals.
- Assist and coordinate with Shop Foreman(s) on manpower schedules and the activities of all department employees.
- Monitor technicians’ daily productivity reports and corresponding payroll records as directed by Service Manager.
- Ensure that customers’ service files are up-to-date and readily available for reference.
We offer exceptional compensation and benefits 401K and stock purchase incentives for performance training and opportunity for advancement - all in a culture that appreciates and rewards excellence a positive attitude and integrity.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Two years’ service department experience in a commercial dealership environment.
- Valid driver’s license and insurability.
Rush Enterprises (NASDAQ: RUSHA & RUSHB) operates the largest network of heavy and medium- duty truck dealerships in North America. Its current truck operations include a network of locations located throughout the United States. These dealerships provide an integrated one-stop sales and service of new and used heavy- and medium-duty trucks and construction equipment aftermarket parts service and body shop capabilities chrome accessories tires and a wide array of financial services including the financing of truck and equipment sales insurance products and leasing and rentals.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled