Body Shop Advisor
The Body Shop Advisor sells and schedules body shop work from the body shop office.
Rush Truck Centers is a premier provider of quality products and services to commercial equipment users. We are customer-focused, people-oriented, and financially motivated to deliver excellent outcomes for customers, shareholders, vendors and our people.
We offer a rewarding career with a leader in the transportation industry. Grow with us as we continue to expand our network of locations and services. Rush Enterprises is always looking for good people to join our team.
- Greet customers in a timely, friendly, manner.
- Gather customer complaint details and expectations.
- Perform vehicle walk around inspection, verify vehicle information.
- Write up customer’s vehicle problems accurately and clearly on a body shop input card, verify customer information. Obtain customer’s signature.
- Establish customer’s method of payment. Obtain insurance information, contact information, and customer deductibles if applicable. Obtain credit approval, if necessary.
- Create repair order in the business system, create repair order file and secure Body Shop input card with customer signatures in standardized repair order jacket.
- Provide estimator all customer contact and insurance information, and repair order.
- Notify foreman of incoming work, and update repair order status in Service Link.
- Continuously monitor all repairs. Contact customers regarding any changes to repair cost or estimated completion time, explain cost and time requirements in detail, and get proper authorization before any additional repairs are performed.
- For insurance work, communicate work supplements to customers and insurance adjusters and secure approvals for additional work upon discovery.
- Review repair orders to ensure that work is completed and additional work and authorization is noted. Close repair order as appropriate. Explain completed work and all charges to customers.
We offer exceptional compensation and benefits, 401K and stock purchase, incentives for performance, training, and opportunity for advancement - all in a culture that appreciates and rewards excellence, a positive attitude and integrity.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
- One to three years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to operate and understand various PC based programs and invoicing systems.
- Personal computer skills, familiarity with accounting and other software for dealer operations.
Rush Enterprises (NASDAQ: RUSHA & RUSHB) operates the largest network of heavy and medium- duty truck dealerships in North America. Its current truck operations include a network of locations throughout the United States. These dealerships provide an integrated, one-stop sales and service of new and used heavy- and medium-duty trucks and construction equipment, aftermarket parts, service and body shop capabilities, chrome accessories, tires and a wide array of financial services including the financing of truck and equipment sales, insurance products and leasing and rentals.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled