Bus Equipment Installation Technician
The Bus Equipment Installation Technician is responsible for the proper installation and operation of bus mounted equipment as assigned.
Rush Truck Centers is a premier provider of quality products and services to commercial equipment users. We are customer-focused, people-oriented, and financially motivated to deliver excellent outcomes for customers, shareholders, vendors and our people.
We offer a rewarding career with a leader in the transportation industry. Grow with us as we continue to expand our network of locations and services. Rush Enterprises is always looking for good people to join our team.
- Read job order and plan work procedures.
- Document work performed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Protect vehicle to ensure interior and exterior of the vehicle are clean when vehicle is returned to the customer.
- Respond to customer inquiries regarding the work performed. Foster a positive customer relationship.
- Advise customer and/or service writer of any repairs or services which should be performed within the next 3 months.
- Vehicle equipment installations with limited supervision, including: in-wall, side mount bulkhead, roof top, and driver dash A/C units; interior and exterior surveillance cameras; camera recording devices; book racks; storage boxes; brush guards; mud flaps; exterior identification lighting; driver & passenger seats.
- Installation per manufacturer instructions of: ACC, MCC & Spheros A/C Components; Inverters; Air Compressor/generator.
We offer exceptional compensation and benefits, 401K and stock purchase, incentives for performance, training, and opportunity for advancement - all in a culture that appreciates and rewards excellence, a positive attitude and integrity.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- 18 months experience in bus equipment installation; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have own tools.
- Must be proficient in the proper and safe use of hand and air operated tools.
- Must be able to operate HVAC Recovery machines, vacuum pumps and able to read A/C Gauges.
- Need understanding of how A/C Systems work with TM-16 & TM-21, transit and commercial style compressors, not limited to Bitzer style transit compressors.
- Possess a basic understanding of the operation and use of a welder and a cutting torch.
- Must be capable of installing and troubleshooting 12VDC electrical components.
Rush Enterprises (NASDAQ: RUSHA & RUSHB) operates the largest network of heavy and medium- duty truck dealerships in North America. Its current truck operations include a network of locations throughout the United States. These dealerships provide an integrated, one-stop sales and service of new and used heavy- and medium-duty trucks and construction equipment, aftermarket parts, service and body shop capabilities, chrome accessories, tires and a wide array of financial services including the financing of truck and equipment sales, insurance products and leasing and rentals.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled