Cross-Border Parts Manager
EMPLOYER: Rush Truck Centers of Texas, LP
JOB TITLE: Cross-Border Parts Manager
LOCATION: Pharr, TX 78577
- Manage export of commercial vehicle parts to Mexico.
- Direct and coordinate activities involving the sale of commercial vehicle parts and aftermarket products at Rush Truck Centers.
- Direct and oversee cross border transactions, making sure transactions in Mexico are legitimate by reading and verifying commercial vehicle parts sales transaction documents from Mexico.
- Understanding the commercial vehicle parts sales business in Mexico is critically important to identify customers and identify potential fraudulent transactions.
- Oversee parts management and inventory, including warehouse personnel and parts delivery personnel.
- Oversee regional and local parts sales representatives and other parts department staff.
- Review operational records and reports to project sales and determine profitability.
- Direct, coordinate, and review activities in parts sales accounting and record-keeping, and in parts receiving and shipping operations.
- Plan and direct staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control parts sales programs.
- Maintain internal controls to prevent fraud and theft.
- Direct staff to keep records of export correspondence, bid requests, and credit collections, and to maintain current information on tariffs, licenses, and restrictions.
- Advise employees on policies and operating procedures to ensure functional effectiveness of business.
- Confer or consult with other department heads to plan advertising services and to secure information regarding customer's parts needs.
- Represent company at trade association meetings to promote the sales of commercial vehicle parts and aftermarket services.
- Confer with potential customers regarding their parts needs and advise customers on the various types of parts to purchase.
- Determine parts price schedules and discount rates for customers based on purchase volumes and other metrics.
- Prepare parts department budgets and approve budget expenditures.
- Resolve customer complaints regarding sales and service.
- Monitor customer preferences to determine focus of parts sales efforts and ensure appropriate parts are included in inventory.
Position requires a Bachelors degree or foreign equivalent degree plus 2 years of experience as Parts Manager, General Manager, Operations Manager, Commercial Manager, or Sales Manager. Major and/or field of study required: Business, Finance, Accounting, International Business, or related. Position requires experience managing commercial vehicle parts sales business. Position requires experience reading and verifying commercial vehicle parts sales transaction documents from Mexico. Travel to Mexico required twice per year, for periods of 7-10 days per trip. Email CV: firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled