The Design Engineer is responsible for the engineering design of compressed natural gas fuel systems from calculation and analysis, design, testing, evaluation and implementation for successful completion of various product development projects.
Momentum Fuel Technologies is a premier provider of quality products and services to commercial equipment users. We are customer-focused, people-oriented, and financially motivated to deliver excellent outcomes for customers, shareholders, vendors and our people.
We offer a rewarding career with a leader in the transportation industry. Grow with us as we continue to expand our network of locations and services. Rush Enterprises is always looking for good people to join our team.
- Engineering implementation of new product designs from conception, prototyping, proof of concept, testing and production.
- Assist in performing Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
- Perform design modifications as appropriate.
- Assist in tests to qualify new products.
- Assist in the assembly and evaluate the performance of prototype hardware.
- Identify, prioritize, and coordinate resolution of engineering quality assurance issues as appropriate.
- Ensure thorough design reviews throughout the development process via prototypes, multi-disciplined teams, and various analytical tools.
- Ensure the manufacturability of all designs via cross functional interaction with the manufacturing department.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge in the safe operating procedures for compressed natural gas and the various compliance requirements affiliated with CNG.
- Establish and execute project timing based on established project deliverables and provide regular project updates to management.
- Develop and document step by step method sheets and work instructions for assigned products to facilitate manufacturing processes.
- Support the implementation of Root Cause Corrective Actions.
- Document design and procedures of any products or projects as assigned.
- Develop bill of materials for specific projects as needed.
We offer exceptional compensation and benefits, 401K and stock purchase, incentives for performance, training, and opportunity for advancement - all in a culture that appreciates and rewards excellence, a positive attitude and integrity.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering.
- Five (5) years’ experience preferably with OEM or engine manufacturing; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong knowledge of CAD software is a requirement.
- Experience in design projects, manufacturing process, calculation and design analysis.
- Must possess a current and valid driver license with a driving record that meets the insurability guidelines set forth by the company’s insurance carrier.
- Experience in Six Sigma Methodologies is a plus.
Rush Enterprises (NASDAQ: RUSHA & RUSHB) operates the largest network of heavy and medium- duty truck dealerships in North America. Its current truck operations include a network of locations throughout the United States. These dealerships provide an integrated, one-stop sales and service of new and used heavy- and medium-duty trucks and construction equipment, aftermarket parts, service and body shop capabilities, chrome accessories, tires and a wide array of financial services including the financing of truck and equipment sales, insurance products and leasing and rentals.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled