Rush Enterprise Careers
Director of Operations Technological Innovation
The Director of Operations Technology Innovation responsibilities include but are not limited to serving as a liaison between our operations division and IT identifying and prioritizing operational functionality that provides optimization of efficiency increased revenue customer communication and customer service improvement. Other duties beyond this representative listing may be assigned to the essential job duties and responsibilities of this position based on Company needs.
Rush Enterprises is a premier provider of quality products and services to commercial equipment users. We are customer-focused people-oriented and financially motivated to deliver excellent outcomes for customers shareholders vendors and our people.
We offer a rewarding career with a leader in the transportation industry. Grow with us as we continue to expand our network of locations and services. Rush Enterprises is always looking for good people to join our team.
Focus will be in the following areas:
1. Implementation and design of a telematics business unit consisting of:
- Vehicle tracking and monitoring
- Scheduling PMs and planning downtime through remote fault code analytics
2. Service Integration Systems:
- CRM for Parts and Service
- Mobile Service app
- Mobile APP for scheduling and receiving vehicle updates
- Noregon (J-Pro)
- Mitchell EST or equivalent (promotes flat rate consistency)
- Medium Duty Service Portals - Ford Hino Isuzu
3. Parts-Internet Purchasing.
4. Business system interface-focused on the following:
- Repair Advocate
- Potential Peterbilt and Medium-Duty Portals
- Service Link (TSA)
5. Standardization of service quoting / estimating functionality:
- Online / Prompt turn around
6. Assist in the design of a nationwide call center through industry partners to provide seamless service (breakdown) for Rush customers outside the Rush Network.
7. Develop operational revenue streams through implementing targeted initiatives.
8. Direct and oversee our RushCare umbrella of services including:
- Call Center Operations
- PM Programs
- Regional Parts Call Center overflow
- Targeted focus on campaigns and recalls to generate revenue
- Technical assistance
9. Assist in development or provide resources to provide real time / efficient service software for mobile dispatch and billing.
10. Be abreast of latest technology in industry to:
- Improve efficiency
- Add and grow revenue streams
- Improve customer service
- Keep operations on the leading edge of technology and gain competitive differentiation
11. Must demonstrate positive corporate citizenship and the Rush Driving Principles.
12. Ability to multi-task under pressure.
13. Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
14. Strive for harmony and teamwork with the department and with all other departments.
15. Maintain a professional appearance and conduct that favorably represents the company.
16. Maintain safe work environment.
As a condition of continued employment the employee is required to exhibit positive corporate citizenship with demonstrated ability to positively interact with others follow required Company policies and procedures which include but are not limited to policies regarding conduct record keeping and safety. As a condition of continued employment the employee is required to refrain from any behavior that is construed as sexual harassment harassment and/or creating or participating in a hostile work environment and/or violence in the workplace.
Benefits: We offer exceptional compensation and benefits 401K and stock purchase incentives for performance training and opportunity for advancement - all in a culture that appreciates and rewards excellence a positive attitude and integrity.
Qualifications and Position Requirements: The individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. It is required that the individual is accurate with good time management and organizational skills. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; and four to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates Licenses and Registrations: Valid driver’s license and insurability by the Company’s carrier.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add subtract multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply reason and understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written oral or diagram form. Ability to identify and analyze problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations and formulate the appropriate solutions.
Rush Enterprises (NASDAQ: RUSHA & RUSHB) operates the largest network of heavy and medium- duty truck dealerships in North America. Its current truck operations include a network of locations located throughout the United States. These dealerships provide an integrated one-stop sales and service of new and used heavy- and medium-duty trucks and construction equipment aftermarket parts service and body shop capabilities chrome accessories tires and a wide array of financial services including the financing of truck and equipment sales insurance products and leasing and rentals.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled