District General Manager
The District General Manager directs and coordinates activities of designated business units to manage and attain required business outcomes within areas of responsibility by ensuring that effective leadership and implementation of business plans, financial and operational goals are accomplished.
Rush Truck Leasing is a premier provider of quality products and services to commercial equipment users. We are customer-focused, people-oriented, and financially motivated to deliver excellent outcomes for customers, shareholders, vendors and our people.
We offer a rewarding career with a leader in the transportation industry. Grow with us as we continue to expand our network of locations and services. Rush Enterprises is always looking for good people to join our team.
- Provide leadership within the district as is defined and will be measured as the clear ability to guide, direct and positively influence people to work effectively and productively to achieve the company’s mission statement, cultural principles, and affirmative customer service while enhancing profit for the shareholders.
- Maintain effective means of control of the business outcomes and customer service reputation of the location through personal oversight and involvement to coordinate the business within the location and by effectively working with subordinates.
- Demonstrate a high degree of proficiency in business operational shrewdness, good judgment, planning, communicating orally and in writing, business knowledge, and expertise within areas of responsibility. Show understanding and knowledge of key market trends.
- Maintain strong financial oversight by ensuring timely and reasonable budgets are developed, anomalies in reports or financial statement line items are investigated and resolved and that company policies regarding controlling expenses to include reimbursement and spending are strictly followed.
- Communicate and inform executive management of all aspects of their district’s operational and financial affairs and of matters of significant relevance to the company.
- Regularly visit all business units within the district and hold regular manager and employee meetings to inform departments and stores of company news, upcoming events and or to provide clear direction and business goals.
- Responsible for overall profit and loss of business units within areas of responsibility. Must consistently meet or exceed business plan goals to retain the position of District Manager.
- Oversee planning and direction of sales and service programs to promote new markets, improve competitive position in area, and provide fast and efficient customer service.
We offer exceptional compensation and benefits, 401K and stock purchase, incentives for performance, training, and opportunity for advancement - all in a culture that appreciates and rewards excellence, a positive attitude and integrity.
Basic Qualifications and Attributes
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from four-year College or University.
- Minimum of five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- If required to drive, for any reason, on behalf of the company, must possess a current and valid driver license with a driving record that meets the insurability guidelines set forth by the company’s insurance carrier.
- Personal computer skills, familiarity with business systems software required for the specific area of responsibility.
Rush Enterprises (NASDAQ: RUSHA & RUSHB) operates the largest network of heavy and medium- duty truck dealerships in North America. Its current truck operations include a network of locations throughout the United States. These dealerships provide an integrated, one-stop sales and service of new and used heavy- and medium-duty trucks and construction equipment, aftermarket parts, service and body shop capabilities, chrome accessories, tires and a wide array of financial services including the financing of truck and equipment sales, insurance products and leasing and rentals.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled