Rush Enterprise Careers
Equipment Install Technician ~ Perfection Truck and Equipment
Equipment Installation Technician Level 2
The Equipment Installation Technician is responsible for the proper installation and operation of truck and trailer mounted equipment as assigned.
Perfection Equipment is a premier provider of quality products and services to commercial equipment users. We are customer-focused, people-oriented, and financially motivated to deliver excellent outcomes for customers, shareholders, vendors and our people.
We offer a rewarding career with a leader in the transportation industry. Grow with us as we continue to expand our network of locations and services. Rush Enterprises is always looking for good people to join our team.
- Read job order and plan work procedures.
- Document work performed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Must be proficient in the proper and safe use of hand and air operated tools.
- Must have own tools or acquire them.
- Possess a basic understanding of the operation and use of a welder and a cutting torch.
- Must be capable of installing and troubleshooting 12VDC electrical components.
- Must be able to mig weld both vertical and horizontal applications following proper welding procedures to insure welds with integrity. (Void of cold fusion, porosity, undercut or poor penetration).
- Respond to customer inquiries regarding the work performed. Foster a positive customer relationship.
- Advise customer and/or service writer of any repairs or services which should be performed within the next 3 months.
- Must be capable of performing Class 1-2 vehicle equipment installations with limited supervision:
- Tool box – all styles
- Headache rack, ladder racks
- Tube steps, auxiliary steps
- Grill Guards, tow hooks, 12VDC winches
- Receiver hitches, trailer light connections
- Fire extinguisher & first aid kits
- Bluetooth and cell phone amplifiers
- Auxiliary lighting and switches
- Van interior components
Required Tool List
- Full Socket Set 1/4” through 1” (Both Metric and Standard)
- End Wrench Set 1/4” through 1” (Both Metric and Standard)
- Hammer – Ball-pene or small sledge 1-2 lb.
- Cordless Drill – 18v
- Wire Stripper & Crimper
- Test Light
- Cut-off wheel & Grinder
- Air Wrench (1/2”) Drive and Adaptors
- Volt Meter
- Welding Hood
- Cutting Glasses
We offer exceptional compensation and benefits, 401K and stock purchase, incentives for performance, training, and opportunity for advancement - all in a culture that appreciates and rewards excellence, a positive attitude and integrity.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- 12 months experience in installation of commercial truck and trailer mounted equipment.
- Must pass a 2G MIG weld test, as defined by the State of Oklahoma. Includes both vertical and horizontal applications following proper welding procedures to insure welds with integrity. (Void of cold fusion, porosity, undercut or poor penetration).
Rush Enterprises (NASDAQ: RUSHA & RUSHB) operates the largest network of heavy and medium- duty truck dealerships in North America. Its current truck operations include a network of locations located throughout the United States. These dealerships provide an integrated, one-stop sales and service of new and used heavy- and medium-duty trucks and construction equipment, aftermarket parts, service and body shop capabilities, chrome accessories, tires and a wide array of financial services including the financing of truck and equipment sales, insurance products and leasing and rentals.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled