We are seeking an Export Sales Manager to sell all makes replacement parts across all export markets with an emphasis in Central America, South America and the Caribbean. The Export Sales Manager will work out of the South Florida area, utilizing all of our Used Truck and All Makes Parts stores.
Our most successful Export Sales Manager will have and be able to establish relationships with medium and large truck users outside of the U.S. They will also have existing relationships and be able to build new ones with parts wholesalers inside and outside of the United States while exhibiting a strong understanding of export transaction procedures, including shipping documentations, payment methods and customs certifications.
We are the premier solutions provider to the commercial vehicle industry representing truck and bus manufacturers, including Peterbilt, International, Hino, Isuzu, Ford, IC Bus and Blue Bird.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Remain aware of general economic and political conditions affecting the commercial vehicle industry in Central America, South America, and the Caribbean.
- Other duties beyond this representative listing may be assigned to the essential job duties and responsibilities of this position based on Company needs.
QUALIFICATIONS AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have strong understanding of truck specifications and mechanical concepts.
- Must have strong understanding of heavy-duty component manufacturers.
- Attend industry specific trade shows, joins industry specific organizations, prospecting new business, and to maintain market segment specific relationships.
- Ability to travel internationally up to 50% of the time.
- Ability to multi task under pressure.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strive for harmony and teamwork with the department and with all other departments.
- Maintain a professional appearance and conduct that favorably represents the company.
- Maintain safe work environment.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university.
- Ten years’ experience in the heavy duty truck market, preferably in aftermarket and used trucks.
- Experience in selling medium- and heavy-duty trucks and parts to customers outside the United States.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- Must possess a current and valid driver license with a driving record that meets the insurability guidelines set forth by the company’s insurance carrier.
- Must have passport or other legal documentation needed for international travel kept current.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- Portuguese a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
We offer Benefits in Addition to Health Insurance, 401K, Stock Options and MORE!!
Rush Enterprises (NASDAQ: RUSHA & RUSHB) operates the largest network of heavy and medium- duty truck dealerships in North America. Its current truck operations include a network of locations located throughout the United States. These dealerships provide an integrated, one-stop sales and service of new and used heavy- and medium-duty trucks and construction equipment, aftermarket parts, service and body shop capabilities, chrome accessories, tires and a wide array of financial services including the financing of truck and equipment sales, insurance products and leasing and rentals.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.