The Fabricator performs layout, fabrication, fixturing and welding and/or installation of weldments used in new and modified truck and trailer chassis and components. The Fabricator must be able to work accurately from design drawings.
Rush Truck Centers is a premier provider of quality products and services to commercial equipment users. We are customer-focused, people-oriented, and financially motivated to deliver excellent outcomes for customers, shareholders, vendors and our people.
We offer a rewarding career with a leader in the transportation industry. Grow with us as we continue to expand our network of locations and services. Rush Enterprises is always looking for good people to join our team.
- Proficient in arc, MIG, and TIG welding (aluminum and steel); oxy-acetylene and plasma cutting of materials; and oxy-acetylene heating of materials.
- Prepare and/or modify components for current or revised applications.
- Prepare documentation for and/or following manuals and process documents.
- Creation of updating of bills of materials and feedback to parts, operations, and engineering.
- Read and understand job order and schedule work procedures and parts.
- Demonstrate high level of proficiency and cost effectiveness in completion of work product in order to minimize re-work and time delays in final projects being provided to customers and dealerships.
- General understanding of Class 7 and 8 trucks to include chassis, engine and driveline; understanding of reasons for torque settings.
- General understanding of installation and use of vehicle hydraulic pumps, motors and piping.
- Knowledge of welding gases to include properly securing bottles, hoses and regulators. General understanding of vehicle compressed air systems. Demonstrated knowledge of the safe use and changing of compressed propane used to power fork trucks.
- General understanding of vehicle control, starting, charging, and lighting systems and circuits and the need to carefully maintain vehicle grounding during welding operations.
We offer exceptional compensation and benefits, 401K and stock purchase, incentives for performance, training, and opportunity for advancement - all in a culture that appreciates and rewards excellence, a positive attitude and integrity.
- High school diploma or general education diploma (GED).
- Two years’ experience in welding and vehicle fabrication. DoT inspection experience desirable.
- AWS welding certifications required for work assigned.
- Maintain at own expense all hand and small power tools (including torches and tips) required to efficiently perform work assignments.
Rush Enterprises (NASDAQ: RUSHA & RUSHB) operates the largest network of heavy and medium- duty truck dealerships in North America. Its current truck operations include a network of locations throughout the United States. These dealerships provide an integrated, one-stop sales and service of new and used heavy- and medium-duty trucks and construction equipment, aftermarket parts, service and body shop capabilities, chrome accessories, tires and a wide array of financial services including the financing of truck and equipment sales, insurance products and leasing and rentals.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled