Rush Enterprise Careers
Dealership General Manager
The General Manager is responsible for directing and coordinating activities of the location or locations assigned. Managing and attaining required business outcomes within areas of responsibility by ensuring the effectiveness in leadership and implementation of business plans. Financial and operational goals are accomplished personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Rush Truck Centers is a premier provider of quality products and services to commercial equipment users. We are customer-focused people-oriented and financially motivated to deliver excellent outcomes for customers shareholders vendors and our people.
We offer a rewarding career with a leader in the transportation industry. Grow with us as we continue to expand our network of locations and services. Rush Enterprises is always looking for good people to join our team.
- Provide leadership as is defined and will be measured as the clear ability to guide direct and positively influence people to work effectively and productively to achieve the company’s mission statement cultural principles and affirmative customer service while enhancing profit for the shareholders.
- Maintain effective means of control of the business outcomes and customer service reputation of the location through personal oversight and involvement to coordinate the business within the location and by effectively working with subordinates.
- Demonstrate a high degree of proficiency in business operational shrewdness good judgment planning communicating orally and in writing business knowledge and expertise within areas of responsibility.
- Maintain strong financial oversight by ensuring timely and reasonable budgets are developed anomalies in reports or financial statement line items are investigated and resolved and that company policies regarding controlling expenses to include reimbursement and spending are strictly followed.
- Fully communicate with executive management of all aspects of the location’s operational and financial affairs and on all matters of significant relevance to the company.
- Promote and practice effective recruiting with appropriate training opportunities provided to employees and managers to achieve succession planning for available position openings and a skilled workforce to better service customers.
We offer exceptional compensation and benefits 401K and stock purchase incentives for performance training and opportunity for advancement - all in a culture that appreciates and rewards excellence a positive attitude and integrity.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from four-year College or University.
- Five years management experience; multi-site commercial vehicle dealerships or similar business structure.
- Must possess a current and valid driver license with a driving record that meets the insurability guidelines set forth by the company’s insurance carrier.
Rush Enterprises (NASDAQ: RUSHA & RUSHB) operates the largest network of heavy and medium- duty truck dealerships in North America. Its current truck operations include a network of locations located throughout the United States. These dealerships provide an integrated one-stop sales and service of new and used heavy- and medium-duty trucks and construction equipment aftermarket parts service and body shop capabilities chrome accessories tires and a wide array of financial services including the financing of truck and equipment sales insurance products and leasing and rentals.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled