Rush Enterprise Careers
HR Business Partner
Human Resources Business Partner
The Human Resources Business Partner is responsible for providing guidance and counsel on employee relations, human resource practices, and assist with talent acquisition, performance management, training, talent review, and other talent management needs.
Rush Enterprises is a premier provider of quality products and services to commercial equipment users. We are customer-focused, people-oriented, and financially motivated to deliver excellent outcomes for customers, shareholders, vendors and our people.
We offer a rewarding career with a leader in the transportation industry. Grow with us as we continue to expand our network of locations and services. Rush Enterprises is always looking for good people to join our team.
- Ensure compliance of all employment and labor laws through practices, policies, investigations, and actions in accordance with Company guidelines and policies, as well as compliance with all state, federal, and local laws.
- Consult with management in the strategic planning process and development of HR strategies that support the business needs to include workforce planning.
- Act as a liaison to other HR functions when necessary.
- Practice a preventative and consultative approach with all stakeholders to create an environment that aligns with Rush Enterprises core values.
- Partner with the field and corporate on employee relations issues, including recommendation for Performance Improvement Plans, terminations, and conducting investigations as needed.
- Interpret and answer policy and HR-related questions.
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Facilitate communication among employees and management; providing guidance and leadership to managers and associates on dispute resolution, disciplinary action, regulatory compliance, problem solving, and litigation avoidance.
- Proactively partner to make performance management a part of the ongoing culture; including training, communication, performance improvement plans, career development, and guidance as needed.
- Coach and develop managers to become more effective as leaders and managers. Partner with leaders to oversee and provide recommendations and guidance on creating a Great Place to Work.
- Maintain an awareness of talent and recruiting needs to help achieve a high quality talent pipeline
- Works closely with Regional and General Managers on workforces planning and maintaining staffing levels.
- Travel is essential to this position, both to locations in assigned territory and to the corporate office in New Braunfels, TX for quarterly HR meetings. Some overnight stay may be required. Reports to Corporate, with a dotted-line reporting to the assigned Regional General Manager(s).
We offer exceptional compensation and benefits, 401K and stock purchase, incentives for performance, training, and opportunity for advancement - all in a culture that appreciates and rewards excellence, a positive attitude and integrity.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Five (5) years’ experience in the HR field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- PHR or SPHR Certification Helpful.
- Must possess a current and valid driver license with a driving record that meets the insurability guidelines set forth by the company’s insurance carrier.
- Must be willing to travel.
Rush Enterprises (NASDAQ: RUSHA & RUSHB) operates the largest network of heavy and medium- duty truck dealerships in North America. Its current truck operations include a network of locations throughout the United States. These dealerships provide an integrated, one-stop sales and service of new and used heavy- and medium-duty trucks and construction equipment, aftermarket parts, service and body shop capabilities, chrome accessories, tires and a wide array of financial services including the financing of truck and equipment sales, insurance products and leasing and rentals.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled