Position is for an experienced HRIS Administrator/Report Writer for HR Systems with good SQL skills reporting to the HRIS Team. We are looking for a great HRIS Administrator who has a passion to code and a desire to learn new technologies working on high-profile projects. This position also serves as a technical point-of-contact for assigned functional areas and assists subject matter experts with ensuring data integrity, testing of systems, report writing and analyzing data flows for process improvements.
Rush Enterprises is a premier provider of quality products and services to commercial equipment users. We are customer-focused, people-oriented, and financially motivated to deliver excellent outcomes for customers, shareholders, vendors and our people.
We offer a rewarding career with a leader in the transportation industry. Grow with us as we continue to expand our network of locations and services. Rush Enterprises is always looking for good people to join our team.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Essential Job Functions)
- Expected to learn new technologies and software.
- Perform software development activities including requirements gathering and analysis, systems design, documentation, testing and integration.
- Actively participate in agile/scrum software development activities.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external customers.
- Participate in the execution of projects to successful delivery (design, test and install).
- Design and architect solutions that guarantee effective implementation and integration of business-critical applications and components.
- Keep abreast with the latest advances in software development technologies and lead implementation of strategic solutions that add significant value to Rush Enterprises.
- Provide hands-on expertise to business partners on product development processes, detailed technical requirements and system integrations.
- Serve as Administrator/Security Master for HCM Solution.
- Support Service Now Incidents/SR.
- Build and maintain Audit reports for External Auditors.
- Other duties as assigned by the HRIS Director.
We offer exceptional compensation and benefits, 401K and stock purchase, incentives for performance, training, and opportunity for advancement - all in a culture that appreciates and rewards excellence, a positive attitude and integrity.
- Position requires dealing with confidential data and must safeguard against mishandling. Must ensure security is high priority in maintenance and transmittal of data.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work well with a team of software developers.
- Strong demonstrated experience working incidents/SR using ServiceNow.
- Support the appropriate software and hardware used by the organization.
- Perform hands-on fixes, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, and configuring systems and applications.
- Perform hands-off fixes (via telephone and without remote access tools), including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, and configuring systems and applications.
- Handle many tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Extended working hours may be required by management and business needs.
- Designs, implements and oversees the administration of business processes associated with departmental information management.
- Configures, tests, audits, reports, troubleshoots and provides technical user support and integrations.
- Configures, recommends, tests and maintain systems with complex business rules, formulas and workflows within core applications.
- Conducts iterative testing and verification of interfaces, workflows, and other application functions.
- Understanding application development concepts and how they work with database environment concepts.
- Write quality programming code without compromising accuracy, speed and scalability.
- Provide innovative technical solutions to solve business problems in a fast-paced environment.
- Perform Database development in Microsoft SQL Server with an ability to write efficient SQL queries.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related major (Information Systems, Computer Science).
- 2+ years of experience in application database design, development and administration.
- Experience in SQL, SQL Server T-SQL Development and administration.
- Experience with database development tools (SQL Server) and ETL Tools.
- 2+ years of professional experience with an emphasis on full life-cycle systems development.
- 2+ years of experience in application database design and development.
- Any previous experience with a HRIS/HCM software is a plus.
- Good customer support skills are very much needed.
Rush Enterprises (NASDAQ: RUSHA & RUSHB) operates the largest network of heavy and medium- duty truck dealerships in North America. Its current truck operations include a network of locations throughout the United States. These dealerships provide an integrated, one-stop sales and service of new and used heavy- and medium-duty trucks and construction equipment, aftermarket parts, service and body shop capabilities, chrome accessories, tires and a wide array of financial services including the financing of truck and equipment sales, insurance products and leasing and rentals.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled