Rush Enterprise Careers
HRIS Software Engineer
HRIS Software Engineer
Position is for an experienced HRIS Engineer for HR Systems with strong SQL skills reporting to the HRIS Team. We are looking for a great developer who has a passion to code and a desire to learn new technologies working on high-profile projects. This position is full-time benefits eligible and based at Rush Enterprises Corporate Office in New Braunfels TX.
Rush Enterprises is a premier provider of quality products and services to commercial equipment users. We are customer-focused people-oriented and financially motivated to deliver excellent outcomes for customers shareholders vendors and our people.
We offer a rewarding career with a leader in the transportation industry. Grow with us as we continue to expand our network of locations and services. Rush Enterprises is always looking for good people to join our team.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Essential Job Functions)
- Expected to learn new technologies and software and mentorship to less experienced staff members.
- Design and develop data-intensive web-based applications supporting multiple projects using the Microsoft .NET framework and SQL Server.
- Perform software development activities including requirements gathering and analysis systems design development documentation testing and integration.
- Support all phases of life-cycle software implementation and application development.
- Actively participate in agile/scrum software development activities.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external customers.
- Lead execution of projects to successful delivery (design build/code test and install)
- Design and architect solutions that guarantee effective implementation and integration of business-critical applications and components.
- Keep abreast with the latest advances in software development technologies and lead implementation of strategic solutions that add significant value to Rush Enterprises.
- Provide hands-on expertise to business partners on product development processes detailed technical requirements and system integrations.
- Serve as Administrator/Security Master for HCM Solution.
- Design/Create/Maintain SSRS Reports.
- Support Service Now Incidents/SR.
- Build and maintain Audit reports for External Auditors.
- Other duties as assigned by the HRIS Director.
We offer exceptional compensation and benefits 401K and stock purchase incentives for performance training and opportunity for advancement - all in a culture that appreciates and rewards excellence a positive attitude and integrity.
- Strong demonstrated experience in web development using ASP.NET and C# with the Web Forms and MVC models.
- Position requires dealing with confidential data and must safeguard against mishandling. Must insure security is high priority in maintenance and transmittal of data.
- Strong demonstrated experience working with relational databases (i.e. Microsoft SQL Server) and developing database-driven .NET applications. Including: ability to write troubleshoot and optimize complex queries and stored procedures.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work well with a team of software developers.
- Strong demonstrated experience working incidents/SR using Service Now.
- Deep functional knowledge or hands on design experience with Web Services (REST SOAP etc.).
- Support the appropriate software and hardware used by the organization.
- Perform hands-on fixes including installing and upgrading software installing hardware and configuring systems and applications.
- Perform hands-off fixes (via telephone and without remote access tools) including installing and upgrading software installing hardware and configuring systems and applications.
- Heavy extensive experience with writing and analyzing MS SQL.
- Heavy extensive experience with SQL Server 2012 SSRS report design.
- Experience with SharePoint Solution development.
- Experience in using Team Services- including branching and merging source code.
- Hands-on experience using agile software development methodologies and practices such as Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Experience using Object Role Models (ORM) such as the Entity Framework / LINQ to SQL.
- Familiar with Design Principles and can explain how they correspond to Design Patterns.
- Familiar with Design Patterns (implementation and explanation).
- Understanding application development concepts and how they work with database environment concepts.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and third party OLAP and data analysis tools.
- Work with large databases and use various programming techniques to optimize query performance.
- Write quality programming code without compromising accuracy speed and scalability.
- Develop and maintain software applications automated batch processes and web sites.
- Provide innovative technical solutions to solve business problems in a fast paced environment.
- Perform Database development in Microsoft SQL Server with an ability to write efficient SQL queries.
- Assist other information system team members as needed.
- Design/Create Programs as needed utilizing Microsoft Visual Studio .NET developer tools. This will include stand-alone and Web based applications.
- Communicate effectively with fellow associates and management.
- Handle many tasks and project simultaneously.
- Strong analytical assessment and reasoning skills.
- Extended working hours may be required by management and business needs.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related major (Information Systems Computer Science) or a related field of study required.
- 5+ years of experience in application database design development and administration.
- Experience in SQL SQL Server T-SQL Development and administration.
- Experience with database development tools (SQL Server) and ETL Tools.
- Demonstrated track record of building and launching successful products that leverage terabytes of data.
- Experience in Data Modeling Data Warehousing and ETL processing.
- 5+ years of professional experience with an emphasis on full life-cycle systems development.
- 5+ years of experience in application database design and development.
Rush Enterprises (NASDAQ: RUSHA & RUSHB) operates the largest network of heavy and medium- duty truck dealerships in North America. Its current truck operations include a network of locations throughout the United States. These dealerships provide an integrated one-stop sales and service of new and used heavy- and medium-duty trucks and construction equipment aftermarket parts service and body shop capabilities chrome accessories tires and a wide array of financial services including the financing of truck and equipment sales insurance products and leasing and rentals.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled