Insurance Sales Manager
The Insurance Sales Manager is responsible for providing leadership and management oversight of assigned location(s). Manages and directs an efficient and profitable location(s) through productive staffing, customer retention, cost controls, and achievement of objectives.
Rush Truck Insurance specializes in insurance coverage products in the transportation industry. We offer top rated insurance products tailored to fit the needs of commercial trucking companies with 5 to 150 power units.
We offer a rewarding career with a leader in the transportation industry. Grow with us as we continue to expand our network of locations and services. Rush Enterprises is always looking for good people to join our team.
- Recruit new insurance sales representatives.
- Take on responsibility of training, mentoring, and coaching new hires and current employees.
- Build and maintain relationships with current markets and carriers; define target markets and train sales staff.
- Study and share market trends and changes with sales staff.
- Develop new territories in other states, including opening locations, hiring and training staff.
- Report progress on meeting business goals to General Manager.
- Report monthly sales forecast for region.
- Attend and/or hold meetings as requested.
- Attend training seminars when possible; maintain required continuing education requirements for appropriate licenses.
- Must be willing to travel.
Staff Training and Mentoring Focus:
- Who RTIS is; and what we do.
- Market knowledge.
- How to create strategy for building book of business.
- How to qualify leads.
- Verbal and social sales skills.
- How to use agency management software (EPIC).
- What is FMCSA, how and why we use it.
- What is Central Analysis Bureau, how and why we use it.
- Seminars and educational programs.
- Research and evaluate available markets for assigned region.
We offer exceptional compensation and benefits, 401K and stock purchase, incentives for performance, training, and opportunity for advancement - all in a culture that appreciates and rewards excellence, a positive attitude and integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; five years’ experience in insurance, commercial insurance sales or management; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Current P&C license in each state territory. Must possess a current and valid driver license with a driving record that meets the insurability guidelines set forth by the company’s insurance carrier.
- Personal computer skills; familiarity with software used for insurance office operations.
Rush Enterprises (NASDAQ: RUSHA & RUSHB) operates the largest network of heavy and medium- duty truck dealerships in North America. Its current truck operations include a network of locations throughout the United States. These dealerships provide an integrated, one-stop sales and service of new and used heavy- and medium-duty trucks and construction equipment, aftermarket parts, service and body shop capabilities, chrome accessories, tires and a wide array of financial services including the financing of truck and equipment sales, insurance products and leasing and rentals.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled