Rush Enterprise Careers
The Internal Auditor is responsible for conducting independent audits of financial records and procedures; reviewing and appraising policies and procedures for safeguarding company assets; preparing written analyses, conclusions, findings and recommendations based on audit work performed. The Internal Auditor ensures compliance with laws, regulations, and company policy/standards.
Rush Enterprises is a premier provider of quality products and services to commercial equipment users. We are customer-focused, people-oriented, and financially motivated to deliver excellent outcomes for customers, shareholders, vendors and our people.
We offer a rewarding career with a leader in the transportation industry. Grow with us as we continue to expand our network of locations and services. Rush Enterprises is always looking for good people to join our team.
- Conduct reviews of assigned organizational and functional activities, under the direction of the Director of Internal Audit in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards.
- Work closely with all levels of management and business process owners to ensure primary controls are identified, tested, and operating effectively.
- Assist in establishing, managing, and directing a comprehensive Sarbanes-Oxley program, including appropriate approach, audit testing plans, and methodology which incorporates current regulations and best practices and meets external auditor requirements.
- Perform Sarbanes-Oxley IT General Control documentation and testing, application control testing, and information technology audits and familiarity with IT Management Frameworks such as COBIT and ITIL
- Maintenance of business process documentation regarding internal controls over financial reporting such as process narratives and flow charts as appropriate.
- Perform special reviews, consultations, research projects or other tasks as directed.
- Some travel in multiple regions of the country required. Approximately 20%.
We offer exceptional compensation and benefits, 401K and stock purchase, incentives for performance, training, and opportunity for advancement - all in a culture that appreciates and rewards excellence, a positive attitude and integrity.
- Accounting or Business Administration Bachelor’s Degree.
- Proficiency in application of internal auditing standards, procedures and techniques.
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
- 2 years progressively more responsible work experience in a SOX compliant institution.
- Unencumbered driving record.
- CFE-Certified Fraud Examiner certification attained within 6 months of employment.
- Relevant professional certification (e.g. CISA, CIA, CPA) or the desire to actively work towards one.
- Public Accounting Experience.
Rush Enterprises (NASDAQ: RUSHA & RUSHB) operates the largest network of heavy and medium- duty truck dealerships in North America. Its current truck operations include a network of locations throughout the United States. These dealerships provide an integrated, one-stop sales and service of new and used heavy- and medium-duty trucks and construction equipment, aftermarket parts, service and body shop capabilities, chrome accessories, tires and a wide array of financial services including the financing of truck and equipment sales, insurance products and leasing and rentals.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled