Intern Service-Technical School
The Technician Intern will work under the direct supervision of a qualified Diesel Technician. The intern will be responsible for learning and improving mechanic skills during the internship for possible move into the Apprentice role upon graduation from a Technical School’s diesel program or training.
Rush Truck Centers is a premier provider of quality products and services to commercial equipment users. We are customer-focused, people-oriented, and financially motivated to deliver excellent outcomes for customers, shareholders, vendors and our people.
We offer a rewarding career with a leader in the transportation industry. Grow with us as we continue to expand our network of locations and services. Rush Enterprises is always looking for good people to join our team.
- Training in and development of work-based skills as agreed upon by participating technical school and Rush Enterprises.
- As part of the training, will assist Service Technician assigned to with general maintenance and minor repairs.
- Assist in providing technical service to vehicles and equipment.
- Training may include but not limited to: examination of protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices on vehicles, and make adjustments as needed.
- Perform other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- As part of the training focus, learn to read job orders, observe and listen to vehicle in operation to determine malfunction and plan work procedures under guidance of assigned technician.
- Agree to abide by training program in development of work based experiences as outlined by participating technical school.
- Internship commitment as outlined by school training program.
- Work designated hours.
- Must be currently enrolled in an approved Diesel Technology program.
- Must possess a current and valid driver’s license with a driving record that meets the insurability guidelines set forth by the company’s insurance carrier.
- Possible move into the Apprentice role upon graduation does not guarantee full-time employment at end of internship.
Rush Enterprises (NASDAQ: RUSHA & RUSHB) operates the largest network of heavy and medium- duty truck dealerships in North America. Its current truck operations include a network of locations throughout the United States. These dealerships provide an integrated, one-stop sales and service of new and used heavy- and medium-duty trucks and construction equipment, aftermarket parts, service and body shop capabilities, chrome accessories, tires and a wide array of financial services including the financing of truck and equipment sales, insurance products and leasing and rentals.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled