IT Support Specialist
The Information Technology (IT) Support Specialist is a generalist position devoted to all aspects of computer set-up, installation, troubleshooting, service, upgrades, and maintenance. The Specialist provides support to end-users for PC, server applications, and hardware.
The position can also include configuring computers connect to each other or the rest of the network; printing, both locally and on the network; and auxiliary devices such as tablets and smartphones. The job duties can be performed remotely from a central location, in the customer's work environment, or in a combination of the two.
Rush Enterprises is a premier provider of quality products and services to commercial equipment users. We are customer-focused, people-oriented, and financially motivated to deliver excellent outcomes for customers, shareholders, vendors and our people.
We offer a rewarding career with a leader in the transportation industry. Grow with us as we continue to expand our network of locations and services. Rush Enterprises is always looking for good people to join our team.
- Take phone calls, respond to emails, meet with Rush employees or contractors to resolve technology incidents and requests.
- Note symptoms, conduct troubleshooting tasks in cooperation with end-users, resolve technology incidents, and fulfill requests while documenting each step using the company incident/request management process and software.
- Provide additional information, conduct research, and follow up with end-users in order to provide required data to other technology staff as required.
- Respond in a positive and professional manner to fellow employees who contact the Help Desk.
- Attain knowledge of Rush’s SAP environment, .net environment, database functionality and internal tools.
- Create clear, concise detail oriented incident and problem documentation in the incident management system.
- Troubleshoot technical issues and resolve them within company guidelines.
We offer exceptional compensation and benefits, 401K and stock purchase, incentives for performance, training, and opportunity for advancement - all in a culture that appreciates and rewards excellence, a positive attitude and integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required.
- 3 - 6 years direct customer support and/or computer experience.
- A+ certification or equivalent preferred, but not required.
Rush Enterprises (NASDAQ: RUSHA & RUSHB) operates the largest network of heavy and medium- duty truck dealerships in North America. Its current truck operations include a network of locations throughout the United States. These dealerships provide an integrated, one-stop sales and service of new and used heavy- and medium-duty trucks and construction equipment, aftermarket parts, service and body shop capabilities, chrome accessories, tires and a wide array of financial services including the financing of truck and equipment sales, insurance products and leasing and rentals.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled