Rush Enterprise Careers
The Manager of Software Engineering is responsible for all aspects of development and support for internally created or supported application software including: the development methodologies technologies (language databases support tools) development and testing hardware/software environments and management of the application development staff and project workload.
Rush Enterprises is a premier provider of quality products and services to commercial equipment users. We are customer-focused people-oriented and financially motivated to deliver excellent outcomes for customers shareholders vendors and our people.
We offer a rewarding career with a leader in the transportation industry. Grow with us as we continue to expand our network of locations and services. Rush Enterprises is always looking for good people to join our team.
- Responsible for time and cost estimates and the establishment and implementation of application systems and programs.
- Assists in projecting software and hardware requirements.
- Assigns personnel to various projects and directs activities.
- Confers with and advises subordinates on administrative policies and procedures technical problems priorities methods and work performance. Consults with personnel in other information systems sections to coordinate activities of the application development section.
- Collaborate with departmental management to ensure clearly defined user requirements product definition and acceptance criteria; as well as provide support to customer projects and to services teams members.
- Provide senior level technical guidance as required.
- Develop comprehensive cost/benefits analysis and review preparation of estimates for new projects.
- Proactively monitor and identify metrics that can effectively report the overall health of projects and systems to mitigate risk and resolve issues before they are experienced by other groups/clients.
- Champion and improve the continuous integration and deployment of software within and across teams within the Agile/SCRUM framework.
We offer exceptional compensation and benefits 401K and stock purchase incentives for performance training and opportunity for advancement - all in a culture that appreciates and rewards excellence a positive attitude and integrity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science Information Systems or related field.
- Eight (8) plus years’ software design and development utilizing ASP.NET and SQL Server applications.
- Three (3) plus years’ of IT management responsibility within the IT and software development domain.
- Proven experience and track record of design code and implement web-based applications in an intellectual and efficient manner.
- Proficient at working in an Agile software engineering environment.
- Understanding of software/testing methodologies as it relates to Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Proficient in Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server (TFS) tools as well as Microsoft Office.
- Experience implementing and supporting enterprise platforms such as CRM Dynamics ServiceNow SharePoint and OnBase (or other ECM) preferred.
Rush Enterprises (NASDAQ: RUSHA & RUSHB) operates the largest network of heavy and medium- duty truck dealerships in North America. Its current truck operations include a network of locations throughout the United States. These dealerships provide an integrated one-stop sales and service of new and used heavy- and medium-duty trucks and construction equipment aftermarket parts service and body shop capabilities chrome accessories tires and a wide array of financial services including the financing of truck and equipment sales insurance products and leasing and rentals.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled