The IT Infrastructure Manager will manage a multi-disciplinary team of engineering, implementation, and support resources to provide a set of technical services to the organization. These services may include hosting, data network, voice network, contact center, platform engineering, and storage.
Rush Enterprises is a premier provider of quality products and services to commercial equipment users. We are customer-focused, people-oriented, and financially motivated to deliver excellent outcomes for customers, shareholders, vendors and our people.
We offer a rewarding career with a leader in the transportation industry. Grow with us as we continue to expand our network of locations and services. Rush Enterprises is always looking for good people to join our team.
- Responsible for creating an adaptive service delivery model and developing and guiding personnel progress.
- Responsible for procurement and lifecycle management of assigned infrastructure assets.
- Responsible for continuous delivery of on/off-premise infrastructure services, 24/7
- Champion process maturity by leading change management activities for technical teams to ensure compliance to all departmental policies and procedures.
- Implement a culture of collaboration, innovation, and service delivery by breaking down technical silos, always expecting more, and focusing on business objectives first.
- Establish culture of transparency by communicating service delivery risks, incidents, and compliance to all established standards.
- Constantly iterate and improve infrastructure services, drive efforts to identify and resolved service deficiencies.
- Ensure operational and technical support is provided to meet/exceed established service level objectives for all assigned infrastructure services.
- Establish vendor relationships, negotiate agreements, and hold vendors accountable to milestones and quality delivery.
- Lead infrastructure-related change management initiatives.
- Measure and monitor infrastructure performance.
- Lead planning, selection, and procurement of assigned technology and services.
- Participate in the implementation of IT and business projects; review projects and resource requests; coordinate schedules and activities to ensure tasks are completed on schedule and delivered solutions meet identified requirements.
- Develop multi-year technology and service roadmaps that align with business objectives.
We offer exceptional compensation and benefits, 401K and stock purchase, incentives for performance, training, and opportunity for advancement - all in a culture that appreciates and rewards excellence, a positive attitude and integrity.
Basic Qualifications and Computer Systems Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, Math, or another STEM field.
- Eight or more years of experience designing, developing, delivering, and managing enterprise grade infrastructure solutions/services.
- Four years of experience in a leadership role with five or more team members, direct managerial experience is preferred.
- Expert level knowledge in many of the following technologies:
- Virtualization, clustering, hyperconverged infrastructure
- Storage area networks
- Cloud and software defined services
- Ops Monitoring and Automation
- Network route/switch and carrier networks (MPLS and SD-WAN)
- Firewall and load balancing
- Phone systems and call center technologies
- Identity and access
- Collaboration technologies (email, social, etc.)
- Experience with private, hybrid, and public cloud data center architectures/patterns and migration including (IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS).
- Experience delivering infrastructure services in an Agile environment, strong familiarity with DevOps and Agile principles.
- Experience creating technology/service roadmaps.
- Experience designing and implementing High Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions.
- ITIL and ITSM training and certifications.
- Ability to spot and attract amazing talent while also having the passion to be a mentor.
- Aptitude to juggle multiple priorities while executing, setting, and defining solid goals.
- Problem solver with a mindfulness for ease of use and simplicity.
- Capacity to bring clarity to problems through structured thinking and effective communication.
Rush Enterprises (NASDAQ: RUSHA & RUSHB) operates the largest network of heavy and medium- duty truck dealerships in North America. Its current truck operations include a network of locations throughout the United States. These dealerships provide an integrated, one-stop sales and service of new and used heavy- and medium-duty trucks and construction equipment, aftermarket parts, service and body shop capabilities, chrome accessories, tires and a wide array of financial services including the financing of truck and equipment sales, insurance products and leasing and rentals.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled