The Manufacturing Production Manager directs and coordinates the plant’s production as well as the reliability and cost effectiveness of the manufacturing process to ensure the continuous flow of high quality products to meet the requirements of the production schedules.
Momentum Fuel Technologies is a vertically-integrated provider of fuel system solutions, featuring state-of-the-art engineering, design and manufacturing processes, complete system installation capabilities, and the industry’s most comprehensive sales, service, and support network. We are customer-focused, people-oriented, and financially motivated to deliver excellent outcomes for customers, shareholders, vendors and our people.
We offer a rewarding career with a leader in the transportation industry. Grow with us as we continue to expand our network of locations and services. Rush Enterprises is always looking for good people to join our team.
- Maintain effective means of production to include cost, quality, efficiency, and product reputation.
- Effectively work with direct and indirect reports, by providing a high level of support through clear communication, understanding of needs, and fair and consistent leadership.
- Provide leadership for Production operation employees. Develop, document, and standardize all work processes within production to ensure personnel are properly trained and cross-trained as necessary.
- Responsible for all aspects of Production. Assists with strategy deployment for the Production initiatives and growth. Leads Manufacturing functions to ensure operational efficiency and economy.
- Responsible for ensuring production schedule is met to deliver customer expectations. Must be able to understand the impact of scheduling on other departments.
- Accountable for driving continuous improvement through Lean and Six Sigma initiatives throughout Production to ensure they are fully embraced and implemented.
- Manage Safety, Maintenance, Quality, and Sanitation programs for production lines. Maintain a clean, effective, efficient, orderly and safe plant. Ensures Production has the proper quality procedures in place.
- Develop systems and processes that optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets. Ensure metrics for product quality, equipment and operator performance, and production efficiency are maintained, and that cost-effective technology is used to maximize production.
- Interview, hire, and train new associates; plan, assign and direct work; appraise performance.
- Develop succession plans to ensure continuity of operations in the face of unforeseen turnover.
- Maintain adherence to company policies, regulatory requirements, quality specifications, safety standards and sanitation practices.
- Understand the operation of various CNC and manual tooling utilized in the operation to perform a multitude of manufacturing operations to cut, bend, fit, align, calibrate and assemble work as production schedule requires.
- Support activities between Product Engineering, Manufacturing, Operations, and Quality Control/Quality Assurance as appropriate.
- Must establish goals for each person within the department, delegate, and train others as necessary allowing adequate time to effectively manage the production department.
We offer exceptional compensation and benefits, 401K and stock purchase, incentives for performance, training, and opportunity for advancement - all in a culture that appreciates and rewards excellence, a positive attitude and integrity.
Basic Qualifications and Attributes
- Bachelors’ degree in Industrial Technology or related field.
- Seven years’ experience in manufacturing management or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in Lean manufacturing and Six Sigma methodologies is a plus.
- Personal computer skills, familiarity with ERP business systems software required for the specific area of responsibility.
- Must possess a current and valid driver license with a driving record that meets the insurability guidelines set forth by the company’s insurance carrier.
- Must be able to effectively communicate and lead discussions to resolve scheduling conflicts that arise from downtime, test runs, sanitation, and other obstacles that may develop.
- Maintain effective and clear communication across all departments.
Rush Enterprises (NASDAQ: RUSHA & RUSHB) operates the largest network of heavy and medium- duty truck dealerships in North America. Its current truck operations include a network of locations throughout the United States. These dealerships provide an integrated, one-stop sales and service of new and used heavy- and medium-duty trucks and construction equipment, aftermarket parts, service and body shop capabilities, chrome accessories, tires and a wide array of financial services including the financing of truck and equipment sales, insurance products and leasing and rentals.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled