Rush Enterprise Careers
Experienced Mobile Tech Needed
We are the premier solutions provider to the commercial vehicle industry representing truck and bus manufacturers including Peterbilt International Hino Isuzu Ford IC Bus and Blue Bird.
So why not Work for the Best with the Best on the Best providing a broad line of services for our customers?
We are looking for Mobile Diesel Mechanics / Technicians with experience in a dealership service or related truck service facility with Diagnostic skills for Brake Electrical Engine and Steering system issues.
Our Mobile Mechanics are responsible for providing roadside service to our customers.
This can include: cleaning maintenance visual inspection and removal of parts and attachments. Installation with the help of proper manuals report writing disassembly assembly parts reuse evaluation and reconditioning.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- 5 years' experience as a Class 7 & 8 technician in a dealership or related truck service facility.
- Have a current and valid CDL and Medical card as required by the FMVS.
- Mechanical aptitude and technical ability is a must.
- Maintain all aspects of equipment according to company standards.
- Handle basic maintenance of the truck including filling tank with fuel checking oil keeping it clean and making sure required inspections are performed and documented as assigned.
- Manage inventory control on the service truck and for keeping the vehicle properly stocked.
- Report to the Service Manager and will be assigned duties on a daily basis.
- Maintain availability for after-hours service calls and be available for an open work schedule.
- Maintain and inventory the supplied tools for the work required in maintaining diesel engine trucks and associated equipment
- Read job order and observes and listens to vehicle in operation to determine malfunction and to plan work procedures.
- Utilize various diagnostic equipment to determine malfunction and utilize available technical information to determine and perform correct repair procedure.
- Diagnosis removal and replacement of injectors pistons liners cam shafts cylinder heads rod and main bearings oil pans clutches fan hubs differentials fifth wheels brakes changes or recharges batteries and replaces transmissions and other parts.
- Perform all necessary diagnostic and documentation functions on the company computer system.
- Examine protective guards loose bolts and specified safety devices on trucks and makes adjustments.
- Lubricate moving parts and drives repaired vehicle to verify conformance to specifications.
- Perform preventative maintenance work as requested.
- Document and submit necessary paperwork or enter into mobile service program as work performed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Respond to customer inquiries regarding the work. Foster positive customer relations.
- Advise customer and/or service writer of any repairs or services which should be performed within the next 3 months.
- Participate in training and utilize that training in the course of work.
Pay scale is depending on exp.
We provide Training and Growth Potential.
We offer Our Technician’s Benefits in Addition to Health Insurance 401K Stock Options and MORE!!
Rush Enterprises (NASDAQ: RUSHA & RUSHB) operates the largest network of heavy and medium- duty truck dealerships in North America. Its current truck operations include a network of locations throughout the United States. These dealerships provide an integrated one-stop sales and service of new and used heavy- and medium-duty trucks and construction equipment aftermarket parts service and body shop capabilities chrome accessories tires and a wide array of financial services including the financing of truck and equipment sales insurance products and leasing and rentals.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled