Rush Enterprise Careers
Experienced Mobile Trailer Technician - Dallas
Mobile Trailer Technician
The Mobile Trailer Technician will perform general to moderate level of repairs on trailer chassis bodies and accessories. Perform maintenance type repairs such as chassis lube DOTs brake replacements & adjustments. Customer requirements may include reefer repair. Majority if not all of work will be performed at customer locations and trailer yards.
Rush Truck Centers is a premier provider of quality products and services to commercial equipment users. We are customer-focused people-oriented and financially motivated to deliver excellent outcomes for customers shareholders vendors and our people.
We offer a rewarding career with a leader in the transportation industry. Grow with us as we continue to expand our network of locations and services. Rush Enterprises is always looking for good people to join our team.
- Report to the Body Shop or Service Manager assigned to; will be assigned duties on a daily basis.
- Review each repair order work order and estimator’s notes to understand repairs needed prior to beginning work on the vehicle.
- All repairs must be completed according to the documentation on the repair order or the supplement.
- Aluminum and steel welding MIG and TIG.
- DOT inspections on semi-trailers by DOT standards.
- Able to diagnose simple 12 volt electrical light systems.
- Basic knowledge and familiarity with air brake and ABS systems and repairs.
- Basic metal fabrication ability.
- Ability to perform similar repairs on various types and brands of the same components (adaptability).
We offer exceptional compensation and benefits 401K and stock purchase incentives for performance training and opportunity for advancement - all in a culture that appreciates and rewards excellence a positive attitude and integrity.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Two years’ experience in trailer repair.
- Certified aluminum and steel welding; both MIG and TIG welding.
- May require additional certification depending on type of tankers required to work on.
- Valid driver’s license and must be insurable.
- Trade or technical school (certificate or diploma)
- Trailer/Reefer Manufacturer Certification
- Tanker Inspector Certification
- Must possess a current and valid driver license with a driving record that meets the insurability guidelines set forth by the company’s insurance carrier.
Rush Enterprises (NASDAQ: RUSHA & RUSHB) operates the largest network of heavy and medium- duty truck dealerships in North America. Its current truck operations include a network of locations throughout the United States. These dealerships provide an integrated one-stop sales and service of new and used heavy- and medium-duty trucks and construction equipment aftermarket parts service and body shop capabilities chrome accessories tires and a wide array of financial services including the financing of truck and equipment sales insurance products and leasing and rentals.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled