We are hiring an experienced Mobile Diesel Mechanic in San Diego, CA!
We appreciate that each employee has their own career aspirations. Whether you desire to be the best of the best specialist and skilled Diesel Technician or aspire to follow a path that will lead you to Management and Operations, our infrastructure and support will provide a path to suit your goals.
- Maintain all aspects of equipment according to company standards.
- CDL required or should be able to obtain CDL within the first 90 days of employment.
- Handle basic maintenance of the truck including filling tank with fuel, checking oil, keeping it clean, and making sure required inspections are performed and documented as assigned.
- Manage inventory control on the service truck and for keeping the vehicle properly stocked.
- Report to the Service Manager and will be assigned duties on a daily basis.
- Maintain availability for after-hours service calls and be available for an open work schedule.
- Maintain and inventory the supplied tools for the work required in maintaining diesel engine trucks and associated equipment
- Read job order and observes and listens to vehicle in operation to determine malfunction and to plan work procedures.
- Utilize various diagnostic equipment to determine malfunction and utilize available technical information to determine and perform correct repair procedure.
- Diagnosis, removal and replacement of injectors, pistons, liners, cam shafts, cylinder heads, rod and main bearings, oil pans, clutches, fan hubs, differentials, fifth wheels, brakes, changes or recharges batteries, and replaces transmissions and other parts.
- Perform all necessary diagnostic and documentation functions on the company computer system.
- Examine protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices on trucks, and makes adjustments.
- Lubricate moving parts and drives repaired vehicle to verify conformance to specifications.
- Perform preventative maintenance work as requested.
- Document and submit necessary paperwork or enter into mobile service program as work performed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Respond to customer inquiries regarding the work. Foster positive customer relations.
- Advise customer and/or service writer of any repairs or services which should be performed within the next 3 months.
- Participate in training and utilize that training in the course of work.
Our benefits plan is designed to ensure that our Diesel Technicians are set up to be successful. We offer the following:
- Great place to come to work each day
- State-of-the art facilities
- Prescription Protective Eye-wear
- Company-Paid Uniforms and Cleaning
- Annual work boot program
- Paid vacation
- Financial security:
- Competitive Health Benefits and compensation
- 401K, Stock purchase plan
- Tool Assistance Loans
- Technician Tool Insurance Program
- Referral Bonus Program
- Certification Bonus
- Career growth:
- Ongoing training
- Technician mentoring programs
And the best! Our annual Tech Skills Rodeo
This prestigious event brings together the most skilled service to attend advanced training courses to hone their technical skills while competing in multiple categories for the opportunity to earn cash and prizes. Last year our winning technicians shared more than $200,000 in cash and prizes.
Rush Enterprises growth provides opportunities to all levels of Diesel Mechanics. We want to hear your story!
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Experience as a Mobile Mechanic and or Class 7 & 8 technician in a dealership or related truck service facility
We look forward to hearing from you.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled