Mobile Service Manager
The Mobile Service Manager ensures that qualified mobile diesel mechanics perform repairs correctly and efficiently and that the service department maintains a consistently high level of customer satisfaction.
Rush Truck Centers is a premier provider of quality products and services to commercial equipment users. We are customer-focused, people-oriented, and financially motivated to deliver excellent outcomes for customers, shareholders, vendors and our people.
We offer a rewarding career with a leader in the transportation industry. Grow with us as we continue to expand our network of locations and services. Rush Enterprises is always looking for good people to join our team.
- Recruit, hire, and motivate qualified mobile diesel mechanics.
- Perform all necessary diagnostic and documentation functions on the company computer system.
- Greet customers and communicate clearly and professionally any changes in repair(s) that would affect cost and/or delivery expectations.
- Schedule mobile diesel mechanics’ for daily repair work that match their skill level to ensure quality as well as scheduling off time.
- Ensure that all repairs are assigned to mechanics in an equal and fair manner.
- Ensure repairs are charged out correctly, i.e. warranty and/or policy repairs.
- Maintain high-quality service repairs and minimizes comebacks. Conduct periodic spot checks of completed jobs for thoroughness and quality.
- Maintain a department schedule to ensure complete coverage within the department during normal operating hours and manage a rotation schedule for afterhours operations.
We offer exceptional compensation and benefits, 401K and stock purchase, incentives for performance, training, and opportunity for advancement - all in a culture that appreciates and rewards excellence, a positive attitude and integrity.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Two years’ experience managing diesel mechanics in a dealership or like setting.
- Must possess a current and valid driver license with a driving record that meets the insurability guidelines set forth by the company’s insurance carrier.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled