The Manufacturing Plant Manager directs and coordinates the plant’s production, enterprise planning, logistics, and the reliability and cost effectiveness of manufacturing assets to ensure the continuous flow of high quality product to meet the requirements of the production schedules.
Momentum Fuel Technologies is a premier provider of quality products and services to commercial equipment users. We are customer-focused, people-oriented, and financially motivated to deliver excellent outcomes for customers, shareholders, vendors and our people.
We offer a rewarding career with a leader in the transportation industry. Grow with us as we continue to expand our network of locations and services. Rush Enterprises is always looking for good people to join our team.
- Maintain effective means of control of the business outcomes to include cost, quality, efficiency, and product reputation of the location through personal oversight and involvement to coordinate the business within the location by effectively working with subordinates.
- Champion continuous improvement projects that utilize lean manufacturing principles and six sigma methodologies.
- Develop and execute production schedule to include; capacity planning, material procurement/planning, and equipment and work force utilization.
- Coordinate scheduling and execution of maintenance to production tooling and equipment to minimize downtime.
- Develop and document all standard work processes throughout the production process and ensure appropriate individuals are trained and cross-trained as necessary.
- Ensure standards for product quality, equipment and operator performance, and production efficiency are maintained and that cost effective technology is used to maximize production.
- Understand the operation of various CNC and manual tooling utilized in the operation to perform a multitude of manufacturing operations to cut, bend, fit, align, calibrate and assemble work as production schedule requires.
- Analyze inventory levels to eliminate waste and to ensure proper material levels are maintained so production schedules are met.
- Development and execution for the research, document preparation, coordination, and direction of major plant projects involving cost reduction, manufacturing setup, and tooling implementation.
- Assist in planning and implementation of annual operating and capital budgets. Control monthly operating expenses.
We offer exceptional compensation and benefits, 401K and stock purchase, incentives for performance, training, and opportunity for advancement - all in a culture that appreciates and rewards excellence, a positive attitude and integrity.
- Bachelors’ degree in Industrial Technology or related field.
- Seven years’ experience in manufacturing management or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in Lean manufacturing and Six Sigma methodologies is a plus.
- Personal computer skills, familiarity with ERP business systems software required for the specific area of responsibility.
- Must possess a current and valid driver license with a driving record that meets the insurability guidelines set forth by the company’s insurance carrier.
Rush Enterprises (NASDAQ: RUSHA & RUSHB) operates the largest network of heavy and medium- duty truck dealerships in North America. Its current truck operations include a network of locations throughout the United States. These dealerships provide an integrated, one-stop sales and service of new and used heavy- and medium-duty trucks and construction equipment, aftermarket parts, service and body shop capabilities, chrome accessories, tires and a wide array of financial services including the financing of truck and equipment sales, insurance products and leasing and rentals.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled