We are seeking a Service Writer/Advisor who sells, and schedules needed service work on commercial trucks and equipment for the dealership service department.
Our most successful Service Writer/Advisors check on progress of repair throughout the day. Contacting customers regarding any changes in the estimate or promised time, explains cost and time requirements in detail, and gets proper authorization before any additional repairs are performed. While communicating updates from customers to the foreman via comments in Service Link.
1. Write up customer's vehicle problems accurately and clearly on a service input card, verify customer information. Obtain customer's signature.
2. Establish customer's method of payment. Obtain credit approval, if necessary.
3. Create repair order in the business system, create repair order file and secure service input card with customer signatures in standardized repair order jacket.
4. Notify foreman of incoming work, repair order status, and comments in Service Link.
5. Ensure that vehicles are parked in assigned areas. Make sure they are locked, and all keys are marked and put away correctly using standardized key tags.
6. 7. Handle telephone inquiries regarding inbound work and work in process.
9. Review repair orders to ensure that work is completed, and additional work and authorization is noted. Close repair order as appropriate.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
* One-year service experience.
* Appropriate manufacturer training.
* Driving record that will allow insurability by the company's carrier.
Pay is Salary + Commission.
We provide Training and Growth Potential.
We offer Benefits in Addition to Health Insurance, 401K, Stock Options and MORE!!
Rush Enterprises (NASDAQ: RUSHA & RUSHB) operates the largest network of heavy and medium- duty truck dealerships in North America. Its current truck operations include a network of locations located throughout the United States. These dealerships provide an integrated, one-stop sales and service of new and used heavy- and medium-duty trucks and construction equipment, aftermarket parts, service and body shop capabilities, chrome accessories, tires and a wide array of financial services including the financing of truck and equipment sales, insurance products and leasing and rentals.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled