Software Engineer - Integration
The Software Engineer – Integration is responsible for design, development, and support of systems and processes that exchange data between Rush Enterprises and its customers and manufacturing partners.
Rush Enterprises is a premier provider of quality products and services to commercial equipment users. We are customer-focused, people-oriented, and financially motivated to deliver excellent outcomes for customers, shareholders, vendors and our people.
We offer a rewarding career with a leader in the transportation industry. Grow with us as we continue to expand our network of locations and services. Rush Enterprises is always looking for good people to join our team.
- Provide technical support and has a clear understanding of the context of the applications being integrated and their usage.
- Identify, research, and resolve any defects within a given integration process.
- Collaborate and share knowledge with support and operations teams.
- Document project milestones, processes, and troubleshooting aides.
- Participate in all phases of the software development life cycle with various business units and external customer and manufacturers.
- Provide consultancy and support for all initiatives that have a need to integrate data into new or existing applications.
- Execute on service requests for the lines of business requiring enhancements or other modifications to existing integrations.
- Thoroughly unit test development components to ensure features are efficient, work as expected, and are easily maintainable.
- Provide timely status and feedback to project managers, team leaders, and project sponsors.
- Keep abreast of new technologies through formal and/or self-paced professional development and apply technical knowledge in solution delivery.
- Participate in the agile development process; including daily standups, sprint planning, task breakdown and estimation, and end-of-sprint demos.
- Ensure security among data management and associated processes, including adhering to data retention policies, file systems, and data transfers.
- Utilize source control management systems.
- Primary responsibility will be designing, developing, deploying, and supporting data integrations.
- Analyze requirements and agree on data structures.
- Determine the appropriate rate and speed of data exchange and technology to be used.
- Build secure methods for data transport that are stable and maintainable.
- Enable alerting to proactively monitor scheduled data transports.
- Document data flow and the attributes that are exchanged.
- Partner with architecture to create a strategy and catalog for any data exchanges.
We offer exceptional compensation and benefits, 401K and stock purchase, incentives for performance, training, and opportunity for advancement - all in a culture that appreciates and rewards excellence, a positive attitude and integrity.
Basic Qualifications and Attributes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
- 3+ years of practical work experience in software engineering and data integration.
- Experience working within ITIL or other IT best practices frameworks.
- Experience with SQL Server or other RDBMS systems is a plus.
- Experience with SAP or dealer management systems is a plus.
- Ability to obtain requirements by working closely with customers, manufacturers, and Rush business partners.
Has strong technical knowledge with hands-on experience in root cause analysis and troubleshooting integration issues.
- Internally motivated, able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment.
- Proven communication skills with both internal team members and external partners and customers.
Rush Enterprises (NASDAQ: RUSHA & RUSHB) operates the largest network of heavy and medium- duty truck dealerships in North America. Its current truck operations include a network of locations throughout the United States. These dealerships provide an integrated, one-stop sales and service of new and used heavy- and medium-duty trucks and construction equipment, aftermarket parts, service and body shop capabilities, chrome accessories, tires and a wide array of financial services including the financing of truck and equipment sales, insurance products and leasing and rentals.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled