Rush Enterprise Careers
Sr Director of IT Operations
Sr Director-IT Operations
The Senior Director of IT Operations is responsible for leading a rapidly expanding engineering team. This role will help build and scale out our technical infrastructure that helps drive the business needs for all of the corporate departments including Accounting, Legal, Operations and Finance teams. Much of this work is for the improvement of field operations and customer service.
This is a senior role that must have a blend of technical skills, management fluency, financial understanding and the ability to both develop & drive strategy.
This includes the following cost centers: Systems & Hosting, Networking, Telecommunications, and User provisioning.
Rush Enterprises is a premier provider of quality products and services to commercial equipment users. We are customer-focused, people-oriented, and financially motivated to deliver excellent outcomes for customers, shareholders, vendors and our people.
We offer a rewarding career with a leader in the transportation industry. Grow with us as we continue to expand our network of locations and services. Rush Enterprises is always looking for good people to join our team.
- Work closely with business executives to help formulate strategic objectives and deliver the technical foundation for those initiatives’
- Oversee the support & expansion of over 130 dealerships and 60 various business locations across North America (US and Canada), as well as oversee multiple IT operations teams.
- Collaborate with other IT leaders to ensure success of strategic business projects.
- Responsible for the budgeting, spend and tracking of many capital projects and the operating spend of the IT Operations.
- Constantly iterate on and improve the network infrastructure.
- Deliver a clear vision, direction and standards for the engineering organization and ensure their compliance.
- Provide career development, coaching and performance management for members of their team.
- Help reinforce and improve a great engineering culture at Rush Enterprises. Work on issues that impact development success and address future concepts, products or technologies.
- Establish transparency by broadly communicating architecture and strategy goals while ensuring their compliance.
- Clearly communicate business goals to our engineers and keep them at the focus of how we build systems. Ensure engineering is always adding business value and communicate this value to business leaders.
- Efficiently prioritize technical debt as well as larger strategic IT goals.
- Understand and comply with all departmental policies and procedures for incident, request, change, problem and systems management.
- Coordinate vendor support of assigned hardware/software/systems/services.
- Train and develop staff in systems monitoring; routine administration; and troubleshooting for assigned systems; occasionally works extended hours and/or nights and weekends.
We offer exceptional compensation and benefits, 401K and stock purchase, incentives for performance, training, and opportunity for advancement - all in a culture that appreciates and rewards excellence, a positive attitude and integrity.
Basic Qualifications and Attributes
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related area and 8+ years in a comparable role defining and developing innovative infrastructure.
- Proven experience managing multiple cost centers in a prudent and effective manner. This includes the forecasting, budgeting, tracking, analytics, calculation of project ROI’s and actual spend.
- At least 5 years of experience directly managing, mentoring and hiring systems engineers as well as managing direct reports who manage others.
- Previous experience architecting and managing network engineering teams that are developing secure, reliable infrastructure solutions.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have experience with Avaya telecommunications solutions and SAP as an enterprise ERP.
- Ability to spot and attract amazing talent while also having the passion to be a mentor.
- Aptitude to juggle multiple priorities while executing, setting and defining solid goals.
- Problem solver with a mindfulness for ease of use and simplicity.
- Experience working with large-scale production systems, data platforms, and multiple servicing technologies.
- Capacity to bring clarity to problems through structured thinking and effective communication.
- Proven ability to become a trusted advisor to organizational objectives in order to help develop and deliver business strategies.
- Lead from the front and help other engineers grow around them.
- Be equally comfortable debating priorities with Product Management as well as determining which technologies we should leverage to build scalable infrastructure.
- Must be able to effectively negotiate complex vendor agreements and hold vendors accountable to milestones & quality deliverables.
Rush Enterprises (NASDAQ: RUSHA & RUSHB) operates the largest network of heavy and medium- duty truck dealerships in North America. Its current truck operations include a network of locations throughout the United States. These dealerships provide an integrated, one-stop sales and service of new and used heavy- and medium-duty trucks and construction equipment, aftermarket parts, service and body shop capabilities, chrome accessories, tires and a wide array of financial services including the financing of truck and equipment sales, insurance products and leasing and rentals.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled