The Sr. Network Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for the design, implementation, and support of designated IT infrastructure services. The engineer will design, engineer, implement, and support technologies and services for the organization. These services may include hosting, data network, voice network, contact center, platform engineering, and storage.
Through continual analysis of organizational needs, culture, and industry best practices, the Network Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for engineering enterprise wide computer and information systems networks including IP based LAN, WAN, Intranet and Extranet Landscapes, which provide service for voice, video and data services.
Rush Enterprises is a premier provider of quality products and services to commercial equipment users. We are customer-focused, people-oriented, and financially motivated to deliver excellent outcomes for customers, shareholders, vendors and our people.
We offer a rewarding career with a leader in the transportation industry. Grow with us as we continue to expand our network of locations and services. Rush Enterprises is always looking for good people to join our team.
- Responsible for continuous delivery of on/off-premise infrastructure services, 24/7.
- Perform network design, modeling, analysis, troubleshooting and oversight.
- Coordinate and manage the installation of hardware, software, infrastructure cabling, network switching, edge firewalls, wireless access points and wireless end points.
- Research and recommend vendor tools to support network, server, storage and telecommunications architecture designs.
- Benchmark and recommend solutions based on industry best practices.
- Write operations technical specifications documents.
- Interface and coordinate tasks with internal and external resources.
- Identify and implement VoIP networking components, techniques and protocols.
- Troubleshoot and triage network incidents ranging from physical layer issues up to application related load balancing problems throughout the network stack.
- Develop and implement an enterprise storage strategy.
- Develop and implement an enterprise server, physical and virtual, capacity management strategy.
- Design and drive the implementation of a network security plan including authentication, firewalls, proxy servers, remote access and federation.
- Analyze business requirements to develop technical network solutions and their framework.
- Conduct operational efficiency studies focused on the analysis of network performance, and identify areas of opportunity for improvement.
- Review wireless access point coverage and make recommendations for improvements.
We offer exceptional compensation and benefits, 401K and stock purchase, incentives for performance, training, and opportunity for advancement - all in a culture that appreciates and rewards excellence, a positive attitude and integrity.
Basic Qualifications and Attributes:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Directly related experience may substitute for education.
- Knowledge of using computer systems, which may include setting up and using hardware and software programs, entering data, configuration, or processing information.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service.
- Knowledge of load balancing integration, design techniques and implementation processes.
- Knowledge of budgeting and procurement processes for network projects.
Specific Computer-Related Experience:
- Seven years of Cisco network experience.
- Cisco network certification(s).
- Six years’ experience in Cisco, VOIP, Call Manager and Unity.
- Eight years’ experience in Cisco switching and routing.
- Four years’ experience in Cisco firewalls, IPS/IDS.
- Knowledge of Active Directory, DNS and DHCP functionality.
- Knowledge of network protocols such as SNMP, multicast and 802.1x .
- Knowledge of enterprise network security and policy creation.
- Knowledge of Cisco switches, routers, firewalls and VPN devices.
- Knowledge of enterprise hardware, i.e., x86 Microsoft Windows servers, storage (EMC, IBM), mobile devices, Windows desktops and Apple.
- Knowledge of enterprise software, i.e., VMWare, Active Directory, LDAP and MS Exchange.
- Knowledge of OS and networks, i.e., Windows server, iOS, Citrix, TCP/IP, L2/L3 switches, load balancing, firewalls and MS clusters.
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite, SharePoint and Visio.
- Knowledge of Cisco and Avaya, VoIP networks.
- Knowledge of Cisco Presence and ISE experience preferred.
- Three years VMWare experience OR a certification.
- Three years’ experience engineering enterprise level network & server infrastructure.
- Three years’ experience in VoIP and wireless technologies.
Rush Enterprises (NASDAQ: RUSHA & RUSHB) operates the largest network of heavy and medium- duty truck dealerships in North America. Its current truck operations include a network of locations throughout the United States. These dealerships provide an integrated, one-stop sales and service of new and used heavy- and medium-duty trucks and construction equipment, aftermarket parts, service and body shop capabilities, chrome accessories, tires and a wide array of financial services including the financing of truck and equipment sales, insurance products and leasing and rentals.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled