Sr SAP Programmer
The Sr SAP Programmer is responsible for software integration, external interface development and technical documentation; works primarily in ERP/SAP client/server enterprise application.
Rush Enterprises is a premier provider of quality products and services to commercial equipment users. We are customer-focused, people-oriented, and financially motivated to deliver excellent outcomes for customers, shareholders, vendors and our people.
We offer a rewarding career with a leader in the transportation industry. Grow with us as we continue to expand our network of locations and services. Rush Enterprises is always looking for good people to join our team.
- May focus in areas such as specific modules, integration platforms such as PI / Netweaver gateway, front end technologies such as FIORI and SAPUI5.
- Design and develop all aspects of data conversion.
- Develop and build application tables, panels, and reports for projects. Troubleshoots and resolves testing issues.
- Participate in all phases of the software development life cycle with other various business units and end users to help define, grow, enhance and implement workflow and web technologies for the long term.
- Supply feedback into the organization for the implementation of process or technology improvements to ensure issues do not reoccur.
- Implement service requests for the lines of business requiring enhancements or other modifications to internal solutions.
- Thoroughly unit test development components to ensure features, functions and customizations are problem-free with minimal negative impact on members/users and ensuring systems are easily maintainable.
- Provide timely status and feedback to management, team leaders and project sponsors as required through clear and concise communication when providing guidance, responding to questions and setting expectations.
We offer exceptional compensation and benefits, 401K and stock purchase, incentives for performance, training, and opportunity for advancement - all in a culture that appreciates and rewards excellence, a positive attitude and integrity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering.
- Minimum of 6 – 8 years’ experience in software design and development, primarily in the SAP landscape; or have comparable education and/or experience.
- Understanding of Software Development Lifecycle process as it relates to Waterfall and Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Document experience designing, developing and delivering solutions using a wide range of enterprise applications, using custom and/or packaged product approaches.
- Strong knowledge of internet based infrastructure, technology and concepts in a large corporate web environment, with the ability to grasp quickly new technologies, applications and concepts, and apply them as required.
Software Development Skills:
Experience in designing, coding, implementing and supporting technologies around:
- Visual Studio
- ASP.NET (C#)
- SQL Server
- Web Services/WebAPI
- Team Foundation Server
Rush Enterprises (NASDAQ: RUSHA & RUSHB) operates the largest network of heavy and medium- duty truck dealerships in North America. Its current truck operations include a network of locations throughout the United States. These dealerships provide an integrated, one-stop sales and service of new and used heavy- and medium-duty trucks and construction equipment, aftermarket parts, service and body shop capabilities, chrome accessories, tires and a wide array of financial services including the financing of truck and equipment sales, insurance products and leasing and rentals.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled