Rush Enterprise Careers
Sr SiteCore/.Net Software Engineer
Sr SiteCore/.Net Software Engineer
The Sr SiteCore/.NET Software Engineer is a technical expert with strong analysis and design skills. Create significant design as well as make architectural and technical decisions about the SiteCore platform in accordance with Rush IT goals. Act as team leader on less complex projects and assist in the training of less-experienced software engineers.
Rush Enterprises is a premier provider of quality products and services to commercial equipment users. We are customer-focused people-oriented and financially motivated to deliver excellent outcomes for customers shareholders vendors and our people.
We offer a rewarding career with a leader in the transportation industry. Grow with us as we continue to expand our network of locations and services. Rush Enterprises is always looking for good people to join our team.
- Primary responsibility will be designing developing deploying and establishing support documentation of.NET software applications in our 7.x and 9.x SiteCore platforms.
- Participate in all phases of the software development life cycle with the Rush Marketing team Software Engineering team and end-users to help define grow enhance and implement solutions for the long-term.
- Work with partial autonomy with technical teams in designing implementing and supporting software solutions.
- Make substantial contributions in guiding the design and standards of web integration access methods that make sense for the business.
- Provide consultancy and support for all initiatives that have a need to integrate data or systems or other web resources into new or existing web applications.
- Support existing solutions to include problem resolution monitoring performance management and capacity management.
- Thoroughly unit test development components to ensure features functions and customizations are problem-free with minimal negative impact on members/users and ensuring systems are easily maintainable.
- Provide timely status and feedback to management team leaders and project sponsors as required through clear and concise communication when providing guidance responding to questions and setting expectations.
- Participate in the full application development lifecycle.
- Participate in the agile development process; including daily standups sprint planning task breakdown and estimation and end-of-sprint demos.
We offer exceptional compensation and benefits 401K and stock purchase incentives for performance training and opportunity for advancement - all in a culture that appreciates and rewards excellence a positive attitude and integrity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in software design and development utilizing mutli-tiered applications as well as be able to thoroughly design code and implement web-based applications in an intellectual and efficient manner; or comparable education and/or experience.
- Strong knowledge of internet-based infrastructure technology and concepts in a large corporate web environment with the ability to grasp quickly new technologies applications and concepts and apply them as required.
- Proven ability to organize and structure a growing inventory of application assets and be able to draw and maintain diagrams that can quickly convey the overall context of the environment/solution.
- Proven experience in participating in multiple projects and ability to work with limited supervision showing creativity innovation motivation initiative and professionalism.
- Document experience designing developing and delivering solutions using a wide range of enterprise applications using custom and/or packaged product approaches.
Software Development Skills
- At least 6 years of experience in designing coding implementing and supporting technologies around:
- SiteCore 7.x
- Experience with SiteCore 9.x is preferred
- Visual Studio
- ASP.NET MVC and WebForms
- ASP.NET WebAPI
- RESTful Web Services
- SQL Server
- XML JSON
- Team Foundation Server or Visual Studio Team Services
- Understanding of Software Development Lifecycle process as it relates to Waterfall and Agile/Scrum methodologies.
Rush Enterprises (NASDAQ: RUSHA & RUSHB) operates the largest network of heavy and medium- duty truck dealerships in North America. Its current truck operations include a network of locations throughout the United States. These dealerships provide an integrated one-stop sales and service of new and used heavy- and medium-duty trucks and construction equipment aftermarket parts service and body shop capabilities chrome accessories tires and a wide array of financial services including the financing of truck and equipment sales insurance products and leasing and rentals.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled