Rush Enterprise Careers
The Service Advisor sells and schedules needed service work on commercial trucks and equipment for the dealership service department.
Rush Truck Centers is a premier provider of quality products and services to commercial equipment users. We are customer-focused, people-oriented, and financially motivated to deliver excellent outcomes for customers, shareholders, vendors and our people.
We offer a rewarding career with a leader in the transportation industry. Grow with us as we continue to expand our network of locations and services. Rush Enterprises is always looking for good people to join our team.
- Write up customer’s vehicle problems accurately and clearly on a service input card, verify customer information. Obtain customer’s signature.
- Establish customer’s method of payment. Obtain credit approval, if necessary.
- Create repair order in the business system, create repair order file and secure service input card with customer signatures in standardized repair order jacket.
- Notify foreman of incoming work, repair order status, and comments in Sparcs.
- Ensure that vehicles are parked in assigned areas. Make sure they are locked and all keys are marked and put away correctly using standardized key tags.
- Communicate updates from customer to foreman via comments in Sparcs.
- Check on progress of repair throughout the day. Contact customers regarding any changes in the estimate or promised time, explains cost and time requirements in detail, and gets proper authorization before any additional repairs are performed.
- Handle telephone inquiries regarding inbound work and work in process.
- Review repair orders to ensure that work is completed and additional work and authorization is noted. Close repair order as appropriate.
We offer exceptional compensation and benefits, 401K and stock purchase, incentives for performance, training, and opportunity for advancement - all in a culture that appreciates and rewards excellence, a positive attitude and integrity.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- One year service experience; or equivalent experience and/or education.
- Appropriate manufacturer training.
- Valid CDL license.
- Driving record that will allow insurability by the company’s carrier.
Rush Enterprises (NASDAQ: RUSHA & RUSHB) operates the largest network of heavy and medium- duty truck dealerships in North America. Its current truck operations include a network of locations located throughout the United States. These dealerships provide an integrated, one-stop sales and service of new and used heavy- and medium-duty trucks and construction equipment, aftermarket parts, service and body shop capabilities, chrome accessories, tires and a wide array of financial services including the financing of truck and equipment sales, insurance products and leasing and rentals.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled