The Service Advisor sells and schedules needed service work on commercial trucks and equipment for the dealership service department.
Rush Truck Centers opens the door to the world of opportunity. We are the largest network of commercial vehicle dealerships across the US representing truck and bus manufacturers. Our franchises include Peterbilt, International, Hino, Isuzu, Ford, IC Bus and Blue Bird.
We offer a rewarding career as a leader in the transportation industry. Grow with us as we continue to expand our network of locations and services. Whether you desire to be the best Service Advisor or Groundbreaking Leader, we have the infrastructure to help you reach your goals.
- Gather customer complaint details and expectations.
- Perform vehicle walk around inspection, verify vehicle information.
- Connect to J-Pro and perform on the spot vehicle diagnostics. Print report. Refer to service history (IE:SIR), recommend additional needed service.
- Advise customers on the care of their vehicles and the value of maintaining their vehicles in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications.
- Write up customer’s vehicle problems accurately and clearly on a service input card, verify customer information. Obtain customer’s signature.
- Establish “promised time” based on shop workflow, communicate with foreman.
- Establish customer’s method of payment. Obtain credit approval, if necessary.
- Create repair order in the business system, create repair order file and secure service input card with customer signatures in standardized repair order jacket.
- Check on progress of repair throughout the day. Contact customers regarding any changes in the estimate or promised time, explains cost and time requirements in detail, and gets proper authorization before any additional repairs are performed.
We offer exceptional compensation and benefits, 401K and stock purchase, incentives for performance, training, and opportunity for advancement - all in a culture that appreciates and rewards excellence, a positive attitude and integrity.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- One year service experience; or equivalent experience and/or education.
- Appropriate manufacturer training.
- Valid CDL license.
- Driving record that will allow insurability by the company’s carrier.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled