Rush Enterprise Careers
Systems Administrator - OnBase
Systems Administrator - OnBase
The Systems Administrator is responsible for overseeing custom off-the-shelf (COTS) or custom applications configuration, updating, maintaining, and repair of assigned applications.
Rush Enterprises is a premier provider of quality products and services to commercial equipment users. We are customer-focused, people-oriented, and financially motivated to deliver excellent outcomes for customers, shareholders, vendors and our people.
We offer a rewarding career with a leader in the transportation industry. Grow with us as we continue to expand our network of locations and services. Rush Enterprises is always looking for good people to join our team.
- Provide technical support with a clear understanding of the context of the application and its usage to ensure the application is running under defined parameters and configuration.
- Effectively identify, research, and resolve any defects within a given application.
- Perform typical OnBase and Anydoc administration activities in the on premise environments.
- Test and perform regular applicable upgrades of the enterprise content management and OCR systems.
- Monitor and enhance performance of the system.
- Resolve incidents from multiple sources, capturing details and transferring to a higher tier support if necessary.
We offer exceptional compensation and benefits, 401K and stock purchase, incentives for performance, training, and opportunity for advancement - all in a culture that appreciates and rewards excellence, a positive attitude and integrity.
Basic Qualifications and Attributes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
- 2+ years of practical work experience Application Administrator or software development domain.
- Experience working within ITIL or other IT best practices frameworks.
- Experience with any of the following technologies is a plus: Brainware, Unity scripting, VB scripting, SAP integrations.
- Experience with SQL Server or other RDBMS systems is a plus.
- Has a strong technical and platform knowledge with hands-on experience in root cause analysis and troubleshooting application issues.
Communication and interaction with application vendor(s) for issue resolution and/or technical support.
Collaboration, teamwork, and a sharing of knowledge with support and operations team is critical.
Ability to work in a team environment to analyze, recommend and deliver solutions that solve problems presented by the user community.
Ability to prioritize and deliver solutions in a timely manner, usually under pressure and shifting priorities.
Assist and/or facilitate in troubleshooting for applications.
High familiarity with OnBase, AnyDoc, Brainware, or other ECM systems in the Hyland environment.
- Familiarity with Unity scripting and how to leverage vendor partners and best practices to deliver solutions.
- Experience with the Hyland community to research and and provide best practices and recommendations.
Rush Enterprises (NASDAQ: RUSHA & RUSHB) operates the largest network of heavy and medium- duty truck dealerships in North America. Its current truck operations include a network of locations throughout the United States. These dealerships provide an integrated, one-stop sales and service of new and used heavy- and medium-duty trucks and construction equipment, aftermarket parts, service and body shop capabilities, chrome accessories, tires and a wide array of financial services including the financing of truck and equipment sales, insurance products and leasing and rentals.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled