Technology Sales Account Manager
Rush Enterprises is a premier provider of quality products and services to commercial equipment users. We are customer-focused, people-oriented, and financially motivated to deliver excellent outcomes for customers, shareholders, vendors and our people.
We offer a rewarding career with a leader in the transportation industry. Grow with us as we continue to expand our network of locations and services. Rush Enterprises is always looking for good people to join our team.
The Technology Sales Account Manager solicits technology sales business from fleet customers, dealer groups, wholesale shops and other groups through personal and telephone contacts. The Technology Sales Account Manager will work with Rush Branch locations to assist Truck Sales and Aftermarket Sales Representatives to work with fleet customers to promote the Rush technology platform of products. These include expertise in telematics, cameras, tire pressure monitoring and other hardware and software applications.
- Work with Rush New Truck Sales and Parts/Service Sales to present solutions to interested Rush customers.
- Design custom technology solutions that could include telematics, camera and TPMS integration and other software/hardware solutions as needed.
- Call prospective fleet customers, dealer groups, wholesale shops and other WD’s to introduce and sell our technology offerings – Prospecting 40% initially.
- Prepare a weekly call plan for field sales team members.
- Discover and record in CRM prospective and current fleet decision-maker(s) names and contact data and key decision points and decision processes.
- Create a relationship with prospective and current fleet decision-maker(s).
- Uncover and document key need areas for current and prospective fleet customers using discovery sales techniques.
- Develop industry relationships with related software offerings for integration and lead referrals.
- Schedule customer presentations at Rush Truck dealership locations for industry news and training to fleet customers.
- Offer customer design assistance on integration and converging technology products. Able to interview prospective customer to determine best overall technology solution for their particular fleet requirements.
- Ask for new customers for referrals within their fleet network – 10 per month – document.
- Contact and document referral calls and maintain CRM.
- Work with customers through pilot process to manage the roll out. Able to understand telematics database with questions related applications and integrations.
- Travel at least 50%.
We offer exceptional compensation and benefits, training, and opportunity for advancement - all in a culture that appreciates and rewards excellence, a positive attitude and integrity.
- Competitive Salary + commission
- Medical Insurance
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Life Insurance
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university preferred; and four to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Expertise in telematics, cameras, tire pressure monitoring and other hardware and software applications.
- 2-4 years of comprehensive experience in the telematics industry and expertise in selling sophisticated hardware and software integrations.
- Ability to work in complex sales environment with 2-4 years of transportation industry experience.
- Must possess a current and valid driver license with a driving record that meets the insurability guidelines set forth by the company’s insurance carrier.
Rush Enterprises (NASDAQ: RUSHA & RUSHB) operates the largest network of heavy and medium- duty truck dealerships in North America. Its current truck operations include a network of locations throughout the United States. These dealerships provide an integrated, one-stop sales and service of new and used heavy- and medium-duty trucks and construction equipment, aftermarket parts, service and body shop capabilities, chrome accessories, tires and a wide array of financial services including the financing of truck and equipment sales, insurance products and leasing and rentals.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled