Truck Sales Specialist
The Truck Sales Specialist is responsible for managing truck inventory and recordkeeping for the new and used sales organization.
Rush Truck Centers is a premier provider of quality products and services to commercial equipment users. We are customer-focused, people-oriented, and financially motivated to deliver excellent outcomes for customers, shareholders, vendors and our people.
We offer a rewarding career with a leader in the transportation industry. Grow with us as we continue to expand our network of locations and services. Rush Enterprises is always looking for good people to join our team.
- Manage new truck stock, including: reviewing weekly lot checks, monitoring holds, sales notifications, etc. Prepare weekly inventory report and send out to sales department.
- Create and maintain computerized file system to include a copy of the signed docs (RSO and proposal), copy of customers PO, order list, original order content report, request for order docs, Worksheet Summary off the proposal (stating profit), SPA terms & conditions and a copy of Sales Managers approval email.
- Back up for issuing VIO’s to body co’s, TSC, Fontaine, etc. for any aftermarket work. Email the vendor and the salesman a copy of the PO and then add a copy to the file.
- Enter the order info, shipping info, terms, SPA/program info, selling price, profit, etc. into an access database and it is tagged as an order in the deal status column until invoiced. Run a report each week as to status.
- Export all of the orders into Excel and check the status and build date of every order (sold & stock). Anything with issues is tagged as an Alert in the deal status column.
- Once a truck is built monitor the shipping to make sure that it’s not sitting at the plant and also verify it is going to the correct location. The ETA information gets entered into Access so it is included in the weekly updates.
- When the factory invoice comes in: Review the terms, SPA/ program and incentives. Notify management of any issues. Enter into the database.
- Review the floor plan at the beginning of every month. Check to make sure have correct terms and upfront money so will stop charging interest on any units that have been DTU’d. Input the interest changes for that month into the database to include a running total per truck of its expenses (floor plan and interest).
- Manage AVO requests and input into database; communicate with shops on any aftermarket work.
- Review bills of ladings for new, used, and/or leased trucks and delivery receipts and chassis check –in’s -If any damage was done upon delivery from the factory or if something is missing from the truck and notated on the chassis check in; notify manager of issues.
- Provide a list of customers who purchased trucks the prior month with contact information, sales persons involved, and unit(s) information; send to appropriate managers for follow up to customers.
We offer exceptional compensation and benefits, 401K and stock purchase, incentives for performance, training, and opportunity for advancement - all in a culture that appreciates and rewards excellence, a positive attitude and integrity.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- One year experience in inventory tracking and recordkeeping; preferably in the transportation, equipment, or retail industry.
- If required to drive, for any reason, on behalf of the company, must possess a current and valid driver license with a driving record that meets the insurability guidelines set forth by the company’s insurance carrier.
Rush Enterprises (NASDAQ: RUSHA & RUSHB) operates the largest network of heavy and medium- duty truck dealerships in North America. Its current truck operations include a network of locations throughout the United States. These dealerships provide an integrated, one-stop sales and service of new and used heavy- and medium-duty trucks and construction equipment, aftermarket parts, service and body shop capabilities, chrome accessories, tires and a wide array of financial services including the financing of truck and equipment sales, insurance products and leasing and rentals.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled