Rush Enterprise Careers
Warranty Supervisor/Mobile Services
Warranty Supervisor/Mobile Services
The Warranty Supervisor/Mobile Services is responsible for directing warranty claims activities and providing support to ensure that qualified mobile technicians perform repairs correctly and efficiently for the organization by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate staff.
Rush Truck Centers is a premier provider of quality products and services to commercial equipment users. We are customer-focused people-oriented and financially motivated to deliver excellent outcomes for customers shareholders vendors and our people.
We offer a rewarding career with a leader in the transportation industry. Grow with us as we continue to expand our network of locations and services. Rush Enterprises is always looking for good people to join our team.
- Process warranty claims on a timely basis for each franchise or distributor.
- Ensure all documentation is complete per vendor requirements.
- Verify criteria required by factory or distributor using warranty checklist.
- Reconcile all warranty receivables with credits received through the appropriate accounting schedule.
- Code credits for input by posting clerk.
- Resubmit all rejected claims promptly or receives authorization to write them off.
- Follow up on payment of outstanding claims.
- Track warranty parts.
- Verify parts have been shipped to the factory or distributor and provides parts/cores scrap list.
Mobile Service Responsibilities
- Perform all necessary diagnostic and documentation functions on the company computer system.
- Support the Service Manager in the development of the technicians’ skills. Assist with providing technical support for technicians with support of the Service Manager.
- Schedule mobile technicians for daily repair work that match their skill level.
- Ensure that all repairs are assigned to technicians in an equal and fair manner.
- Ensure repairs are charged out correctly i.e. warranty and/or policy repairs.
- Check progress (W-I-P) of each repair order throughout the day.
- Understand keep abreast of and comply with federal state and local regulations that affect service operations such as hazardous waste disposal OSHA Right-to-know etc.
- Understand and ensure compliance with manufacturer warranty and policy procedures.
- Monitor and file daily and monthly driver logs or if delegate to advisors ensure in compliance.
- Monitor and file company truck maintenance and repairs or if delegate to advisors ensure in compliance.
- Handle all customer complaints within 24 hours informing the Service Manager as appropriate.
We offer exceptional compensation and benefits 401K and stock purchase incentives for performance training and opportunity for advancement - all in a culture that appreciates and rewards excellence a positive attitude and integrity.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Two to four years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of inventory system at dealerships and the use of computers.
- Ability to communicate well both orally and in writing.
- Must possess a current and valid driver license with a driving record that meets the insurability guidelines set forth by the company’s insurance carrier.
Rush Enterprises (NASDAQ: RUSHA & RUSHB) operates the largest network of heavy and medium- duty truck dealerships in North America. Its current truck operations include a network of locations throughout the United States. These dealerships provide an integrated one-stop sales and service of new and used heavy- and medium-duty trucks and construction equipment aftermarket parts service and body shop capabilities chrome accessories tires and a wide array of financial services including the financing of truck and equipment sales insurance products and leasing and rentals.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled